Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 11:51 AM

595 posts, read 1,258,417 times

Advertisements

Those places that advertise under $400 a month are sketchy to be nice. She'd probably get broken into the first time someone saw her rolling suitcase. Unless she was regularly filling it up with recyclables while roaming the neighborhood. If she's a flight attendant finding a roomie should be pretty quick. Splitting $800 rent will do her so much better than $400 on her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 12:13 AM

841 posts, read 697,384 times
Thanks again all, It sounds like shes gonna do the crash pad afterall. Relief for me

Old 10-25-2014, 07:05 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyButtons View Post
Look in Tempe anywhere along the light rail. It is about a 20 minute ride. Safe area due to ASU but also a bit pricey. A studio can be had for 800-900 including utilities. The lofts at Rio Salado or Apache Station might be some good starting points. There are many many smaller complexes those 2 just came to mind.
Especially the ones along Washington Street between Priest & Mill. I believe they were constructed right before the light rail went through, so they are still considered fairly new compared to a lot of other apartments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
True, but I would not go into the avenues on Camelback or onto 19th Ave to Montebello if I'm looking for a nice area. That area has yet to recover from the steep downhill turn it took during the original light rail construction when a lot of businesses didn't survive. It might take a really long time, if ever, as it was not a great area for a time before that, either.
Yes, and that area never experienced any revitalization after the light rail went through, as many proponents claimed would happen. West Camelback area is just not very desirable compared to east Camelback.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:26 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,752,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Yes, and that area never experienced any revitalization after the light rail went through, as many proponents claimed would happen. West Camelback area is just not very desirable compared to east Camelback.
Any? You do know about The Newton, right?

The Newton | Read. Eat. Gather. Shop.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:57 AM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Any? You do know about The Newton, right?

The Newton | Read. Eat. Gather. Shop.
OK, one little development on the site of the old Beef Eaters ... big deal. There are still plenty of dilapidated and/or vacated buildings along west Camelback, and still a large vacant lot on the corner where the Central/Camelback light rail station is. If I recall, that was supposed to be the site of highrise condos, which never materialized.

I'm not against light rail at all, but I think we have to be realistic. The proponents kept saying all along that it would spur revitalization and new development, but I haven't seen revitalization anywhere along the entire line. If anything, some businesses closed down. It would be foolish to blame it on the "recession" because that is over & done with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: