Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:53 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,941,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Once the games start there won't be any teams that don't have games on Friday or Saturday. There are very few off days and those that exist will be in the middle of the week. If you want to see practice on those days, go early to a site where a game will be and make sure it is one with adjacent practice fields.
Thanks. Which specific ones have adjacent practice fields?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 12:39 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,746,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Thanks. Which specific ones have adjacent practice fields?
I only know of the ones that I have been to, which have been Salt River Fields (Diamondbacks, Rockies), Tempe Diablo (Angels) and Camelback Ranch (Dodgers, White Sox). According to their website Peoria Sports Complex (Mariners, Padres) has practice fields that are open to the public. I know that Scottsdale Stadium (Giants) does not. I would assume that the newer complexes like Goodyear Park (Indians, Reds) and Cubs Park have such facilities. Check out the individual websites for details.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:36 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,339,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
lewdog_5, when are best dates for practice in general? Can one find some practices once games scheduled in March, on Friday, Saturday, if team is not scheduled to play game?
You can go to morning workouts on most days, even if there is a game. I'm a Royals fan and we hit up morning fielding/BP work and saw a game that started at 1. I think the one's pbenjamin wrote plus the Rangers/Royals in Surprise have practice fields. They are adjacent to the main park. Just have to walk to see where they are at in the morning. One's in Surprise don't open until 10 I think. So check with stadium before heading over too early.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:02 PM

570 posts, read 1,002,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Just a tip, the West Valley stadiums are the best to get tickets, the East Valley stadiums get much larger crowds. I went to an Angels (my team) game last Spring in Tempe and it was standing room only, and I saw a girl turned away because those were sold out about 30 minutes before the game. In the West Valley the stadiums are typically half full and you can get tickets. I was talking to a guy from CA that came out and he had gone to the SF Giants game the previous day in Scottsdale and he said it was a sellout there too.
Since the Giants won the World Series (again!), I expect all of, or most of, their games to be packed for the upcoming Cactus League season. Expect big crowds in Scottsdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area