Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 10:27 AM

4 posts, read 4,370 times

Advertisements

I'm a College Graduate of West Virginia University and am looking for jobs in occupational therapy. I'm 23 and single looking to relocate to the Phoenix area because the desert has always attracted me. What is the night life like for young singles? What is the weather like throughout the different seasons? Is housing too expensive?
Also is there plenty to do in the area, like shopping, restaurants etc. Is there hiking and other outdoor recreation that I love to do? I like running and walking my dogs. I've been considering phoenix for a while and any information helps. Thank ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 10:34 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,719,836 times
If you've been considering Phoenix for a while, how do you not know anything about it?

It's surrounded by BLM land and National Forests. You can do searches for homes and apartments online. There are weather statistics available all over the place. This forum has a search function and these questions have been answered a billion times. It's hot, it's a desert, it's got a lot of recreation, there is good shopping and it's not too expensive, but "expensive" is subjective and dependent on your frame of reference.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:18 AM

114 posts, read 242,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanFromMaryland97 View Post
What is the night life like for young singles?
What kind of nightlife do you like?

Quote:
What is the weather like throughout the different seasons?
Mild Winters with 60's/70's and up to 80's during the day cooling down to jacket/sweater weather at night, Very warm spring and fall, and inferno hot summers with triple digit temperatures being the norm. Dry and sunny most of the year, summer monsoon/thunderstorms come around in July/late summer.

Quote:
Is housing too expensive?
Compared to Maryland? No, it's a lot less expensive. Like any metro area there are expensive well manicured wealthy areas, dumpy ghetto areas and everything in between. How much are you willing to pay?

Quote:
Also is there plenty to do in the area, like shopping, restaurants etc. Is there hiking and other outdoor recreation that I love to do? I like running and walking my dogs. I've been considering phoenix for a while and any information helps. Thank ya.
Shopping/restaurants are plentiful, Scottsdale/Biltmore area is the prime shopping area. Hiking/recreation, well Arizona has that in spades with the Grand Canyon, ponderosa forests/alpine mountains near Flagstaff and up on the rim, Sedona/red rocks/Oak Creek Canyon, Saguaro NP/Sabino Canyon/Mt. Lemmon near Tucson, closer to Phoenix is Tonto NF and plenty of lakes. Lots of parks and open space around the Valley too like the Phoenix mountains preserve, South Mountain, Camelback are all close to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area