Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:00 PM

837 posts, read 2,336,080 times

Advertisements

Specifically, the Summit at Copper Square or 44 Monroe? What do you about guest parking?

I've been considering units in both buildings, but with Phoenix extending their parking meters and general lack of downtown parking, I'm wondering how you manage if you have frequent visitors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 01:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,748,090 times
A quick google search found comments on Yelp about both places. Apparently 44 Monroe has no visitor parking. Summit at Copper Square does have limited guest parking, but the resident has to go down to the desk to sign the visitor in.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:27 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,278,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
Specifically, the Summit at Copper Square or 44 Monroe? What do you about guest parking?

I've been considering units in both buildings, but with Phoenix extending their parking meters and general lack of downtown parking, I'm wondering how you manage if you have frequent visitors?
I don't, but I have looked into moving into a highrise condo in the future. A good share of the units are expensive, but if it means saving on gas & general car maintenance expenses, it might be worth it. Some people who enjoy this style of living don't drive (they walk, bike, or take public transit) ... however, just like any other highrise, there are garages attached to the condo towers for parking. They are usually located on the bottom floors or underground. West 6th in Tempe, for instance, has underground parking, but it's a pain in the neck to get in & out of. Visitors can often use the same garages for parking, but there usually is a fee, unless the facility has validation.

I wouldn't fret too much about the parking situation. Like I stated, all condo towers have adequate parking facilities, and you & your visitors likely won't have to park on the street. Also, there are other condo towers besides 44 Monroe & Summit. Have you looked at some of the older ones further up in the Midtown area, or in Scottsdale or Tempe? I'm kind of interested in a few midrise condos in the Kierland area (71st Street), and may be pricing them fairly soon.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the input. I have a friend who lives in 44 Monroe and I really like the building. However, he said his guests have to find parking on the street and constantly feed a meter. I entertain a lot and can have upwards of 5-10 people visiting on a given occasion, so parking is a concern. I know this is a challenge with most downtown locations, however I used to live in Midtown at the Executive towers which had it's own lot that was sufficient for guest parking. I'm currently considering moving back there (however they don't allow dogs), or alternatively, the Regency on Central which has limited parking as well, but access to another lot nearby after-hours and allow dogs.

I lived out west in Goodyear/Litchfield Park area when I first came to AZ, and hated the commute. A year later, I moved to Mid-town phoenix. Mistakenly, I moved back to Goodyear just recently and can't wait to move back to central PHX. I spend 10hrs a week in traffic the expenses of having a commute is just not worth it.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:10 AM

Quote:
I lived out west in Goodyear/Litchfield Park area when I first came to AZ, and hated the commute. A year later, I moved to Mid-town phoenix. Mistakenly, I moved back to Goodyear just recently and can't wait to move back to central PHX. I spend 10hrs a week in traffic the expenses of having a commute is just not worth it.
I know what you mean: the expense and the frustration. Spending all that time in traffic wouldn't be worth it. I'd much rather live close to work if at all possible. If unable to find a good highrise condo building with sufficient parking, have you considered a house in one of the historic districts in or around downtown/Central Corridor?

Old 04-20-2015, 09:18 AM

25 posts, read 30,027 times
I currently live at Cityscape.(only rentals at this time) Our concierge will typically stamp a parking ticket for my guests that validates them a few hours. If any of my guests stay over so they aren't drinking and driving or um.. other.. reasons... the lift gates are still up early in the morning before the day gets started. We also have an arrangement with Palomar for valet parking if you want to offer that for a guest too.

Lots of perks with this property! The only thing I can't walk to is a freaking grocery store,lol

Old 04-21-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I know what you mean: the expense and the frustration. Spending all that time in traffic wouldn't be worth it. I'd much rather live close to work if at all possible. If unable to find a good highrise condo building with sufficient parking, have you considered a house in one of the historic districts in or around downtown/Central Corridor?
I actually lived in the Coronado district for about 16 months. The house I rented was quaint and cute, about 850sqft for $850/mo. However, the owners raised the rent $75 and IMO, it was not worth it at that point. The house was very energy non-efficient and I experienced $300 electric bills in the summer months. The lot was not landscaped and the dust from the yard permeated into the house frequently. Additionally, I was responsible for pulling weeds and maintaining the yard, plus there was not a functioning garage to park my car. I'm at the point where I just don't want to take care of someone else's property. I need everything included.

That said, I've been looking and the supply seems really low. Hopefully something will open up soon.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxspartan View Post
I currently live at Cityscape.(only rentals at this time) Our concierge will typically stamp a parking ticket for my guests that validates them a few hours. If any of my guests stay over so they aren't drinking and driving or um.. other.. reasons... the lift gates are still up early in the morning before the day gets started. We also have an arrangement with Palomar for valet parking if you want to offer that for a guest too.

Lots of perks with this property! The only thing I can't walk to is a freaking grocery store,lol
How much are you paying in rent if don't mind sharing?

Old 04-21-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I actually lived in the Coronado district for about 16 months. The house I rented was quaint and cute, about 850sqft for $850/mo. However, the owners raised the rent $75 and IMO, it was not worth it at that point. The house was very energy non-efficient and I experienced $300 electric bills in the summer months. The lot was not landscaped and the dust from the yard permeated into the house frequently. Additionally, I was responsible for pulling weeds and maintaining the yard, plus there was not a functioning garage to park my car. I'm at the point where I just don't want to take care of someone else's property. I need everything included.
Sounds like that house wasn't modernized ... no wonder you were only paying $850 a month. That's actually considered pretty cheap anymore, even for a small house like that. Many of the homes in the historic districts have been remodeled and reinsulated. That saves greatly on summer electric bills. Only thing is you would be likely be paying a lot more in rent for a better house that is energy efficient, remodeled, and has a landscaped yard.

In that case, I can't blame you for wanting a condo where you don't have to worry about taking care of a yard ... that alone would save on water bills (and time). I love my house in the Camelback East area, especially my green lawn & trees, but maintaining them can be a major pain, and very expensive. And of course with the lack of rain lately, everything requires even more watering. That's one reason why I eventually want to move into a condo ... something highrise or midrise preferably.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:45 PM

25 posts, read 30,027 times
Currently with rent, tax, and my reserved parking space $1300. I also have the smallest/cheapest studio. Just shy of 600 sqft. This building is RIDICULOUSLY efficient when it comes to the air system though. I occupied my place in November. My highest electric bill to date has been a whopping $13, my water bill usually exceeds that.

I've lived all over Phoenix the past 11 years and to me it typically balances out. (I rarely touch my car keys except for work) You pay a higher price for location but it comes with convenience. You pay less the farther out you are, but make up for it in driving costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area