Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:46 AM

208 posts, read 819,614 times

Advertisements

Well I've heard about beautiful sunsets in AZ, and of course people say the scenery surrounding the sunsets is spectacular as well. Of course of heard the "it's brown and dead" people, but I'll take my chances.

I picked out a few pictures of Florida that I snapped with my camera. Of course everyday isn't like this, in fact, I don't know if I've seen a day like it since, but I think the west beats the east in scenery (personal preference and opinion).

I just wanted to share these, because it was a very nice day.
Attached Thumbnails
I wonder if I'll miss it???-dscn2785.jpg   I wonder if I'll miss it???-dscn2787.jpg   I wonder if I'll miss it???-dscn2790.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
We do have beautiful sunsets. There are many days that I will stand outside for an extra couple of minutes before going into the store to enjoy them. The surrounding mountains are beautiful as well. I don't really see the "brown and dead" like some. I think they just have a negative outlook and don't stop to enjoy what is beautiful. I really didn't start enjoying Phx until about 3 years ago (and I'm a native - almost 33 yrs.). Sometimes it takes people a while.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:23 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
Well I've heard about beautiful sunsets in AZ, and of course people say the scenery surrounding the sunsets is spectacular as well. Of course of heard the "it's brown and dead" people, but I'll take my chances.

I picked out a few pictures of Florida that I snapped with my camera. Of course everyday isn't like this, in fact, I don't know if I've seen a day like it since, but I think the west beats the east in scenery (personal preference and opinion).

You know, Phoenix is not brown and dead. Okay, it's sorta brown. *smile* But not nearly as brown as everyone makes it out to be. Summers su*k here because of the oppressive heat, and winters su*k because it's much colder than others realize. But if you can get through the summers and winters, the spring and autumns will be worth it. Our sunsets are just as nice as anywhere else in the United States. You'll miss the tropical lushness of Florida and if you live near water, you will miss that. Otherwise, it is very similar to FLorida as far as peopple and stuff goes. You will like it here, enjoy!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:42 AM

208 posts, read 819,614 times
Default seen plenty of it...

I've seen plenty of beaches and water, I doubt I'll miss it, besides, if I'm not mistaken I could drive roughly 3 1/2 to 4 hours and get to some California beaches.

I guess everything is relative to where you are, since I've been around water for so long, I really don't have the desire to see much of it. I do want some mountains, and a change of scenery, so I think AZ will really be the place.

Well, I'll be there in 1 week for my first official visit...I can't wait.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:54 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I think I've heard 5 hours to San Diego. That also depends on where in the valley you live and at what time to leave.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:03 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post

Well, it all depends on your personal tastes. Going from lush, humid Florida to hot, dry Arizona is gonna be like night and day. Nice pics, too! I think one of the best sunsets I ever saw was when we were in Tampa and Cocoa Beach. WOW.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I think I've heard 5 hours to San Diego. That also depends on where in the valley you live and at what time to leave.
...and how fast you drive

Old 01-19-2008, 03:08 PM

279 posts, read 782,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
You know, Phoenix is not brown and dead. Okay, it's sorta brown. *smile* But not nearly as brown as everyone makes it out to be. Summers su*k here because of the oppressive heat, and winters su*k because it's much colder than others realize.
i was looking at averages for phoenix, and average phoenix temps in january are mid 60s for highs....if you consider that cold, i wouldnt leave phoenix at all except for the summer

Old 01-19-2008, 03:11 PM

194 posts, read 325,628 times
Yeah you can get there in 3.5 or 4 hours...if you drive 100mph the whole way. Rocky Point(Mexico) is actually much closer, but it's not as nice as San Diego obviously.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:57 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Mind View Post
i was looking at averages for phoenix, and average phoenix temps in january are mid 60s for highs....if you consider that cold, i wouldnt leave phoenix at all except for the summer
There you go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area