Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 08:29 PM

8,655 posts, read 10,198,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
As a board member to an HOA in Tucson. I unequivocally hate HOAs but I'd pay to watch our prop manager pick up poopnfpr DNA. As a resident I'd ignore swab requests and threaten court actions. Nonsense and overkill.
No doubt. The HOA I had in Tucson a few years back would send stern notices during Monsoon season when weeds were "visible" in people's yards. The weeds were not even 1/2 inch; however, they did grow quickly during that time of year. I responded by calling them and demanding that they mow all of the feet-high weeds strewn across the wash behind our houses in that part of the neighborhood since it was a breeding ground for mosquitoes during that time of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 09:53 PM

394 posts, read 344,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
I have bought dog-poop bags on Amazon by the thousand for years & can provide receipts if you doubt it. Not one time has any of my neighbors had to pick up after my dog. One neighbor accused me of not picking up when I had a bag of still-warm dog poop in my hand that apparently she didn't see - I showed it to her & then she complained about him peeing in her yard and "killing her plants" - the only problem being, my dog runs out of pee a block before reaching her property.. He sniffs, lifts his leg & nothing comes out at her house - he been doing the same thing, every day, twice a day, for years. If you want to be angry at someone, make sure of your facts - otherwise your ignorance will leak out.
Wow! Are you serious???!!! Did you notice the post (of yours) I responded to??? Maybe you should re-read both - and consider the context of what was written - before being so belligerent.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:02 AM

551 posts, read 696,504 times
Cameras would be cheaper.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:28 AM

1,166 posts, read 758,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antispam View Post
So, what if the resident takes the swab of a friend's dog which doesn't live in the community and sends it off initially?

That is exactly what I would do. I would visit a dog park and get a DNA sample from a random dog. If I knew that some property manager was picking up poo for testing, I would also go to the dog park and collect a large bag of samples to scatter throughout the neighborhood.

I also see huge problems with chain of custody issues, it would be possible and IMO highly likely that someone that hates their neighbor's dog would just go into their yard, steal some poop and leave it somewhere where the poop cop would find it. There is absolutely no due process or protection for the people being accused and fined by the HOA. The fines would never hold up in court.

Last edited by phxone; 06-09-2016 at 07:37 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 08:07 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,633,400 times
Quote:
Valley HOA's using dna tech to catch dog poop perpetrators
What a wonderful discussion!

This must be one of those 1st World problems.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:14 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,149,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adinfinitum View Post
My high end condo implemented a dog poop DNA program last summer (PooPrints), and it's been a total nightmare of botched science and HOA witch hunting. You can read my hideous story here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dogs/commen...nightmare_bad/
10 year club on reddit with 60 comment karma? Lurk much

Old 06-09-2016, 08:47 AM

483 posts, read 668,165 times
Is this how they caught that Phoenix TV news reporter who...um, how do I put this delicately (deficately??)...took a dump in someone's yard? Okay, I guess that wasn't too delicate...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area