Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 09:44 AM

892 posts, read 1,500,161 times

Advertisements

I just went under contract for a property in Wittman, and looking for an inspector for the house and property that is familiar with rural properties. It's a 2,000 sq foot manufactured on 2 acres of horse property. I know for the most part a house is a house is a house as far as the inspection goes, but I also know there are some differences between a plot in the middle of Tempe vs acreage out in the open desert.

Sure, I could open up Google, and play eenie meenie miny moe with 3 year old reviews that may no longer be accurate, but I was hoping to find some recommendations for, and even against, some one or company. Preferably without having to pay a massive travel fee for someone coming out of Queen Creek :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 10:35 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
What makes you think that a home inspection on a manufactured home is going to be different depending on where in the Valley it's sitting? I must be missing something. Any flaws in the house are going to be the same no matter where it is. You are not talking appraisal, you are talking inspection, right?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
What makes you think that a home inspection on a manufactured home is going to be different depending on where in the Valley it's sitting? I must be missing something. Any flaws in the house are going to be the same no matter where it is. You are not talking appraisal, you are talking inspection, right?
Well water, and septic are two of the big ones that come to mind :P

Old 05-29-2015, 11:19 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Do home inspectors test well water? What do they do with the septic tank? (just curious, have never lived with well water and haven't lived in a home with a septic tank since the late 60's) I still think any experienced, certified home inspector can deal with that stuff, but it probably would be best to be asking for recommendations on that side of town-- Waddell, Buckeye, etc. , where they will see more of that.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Do home inspectors test well water? What do they do with the septic tank? (just curious, have never lived with well water and haven't lived in a home with a septic tank since the late 60's) I still think any experienced, certified home inspector can deal with that stuff, but it probably would be best to be asking for recommendations on that side of town-- Waddell, Buckeye, etc. , where they will see more of that.
I've seen many home inspector websites list these two in particular as up-charges, but I also know from experience that just because someone says they can do it doesn't mean they're familiar with it, lol.

This is also why I asked for recommendations on rural properties, instead of just house inspectors in general, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area