Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 04:36 PM

6 posts, read 5,840 times

Advertisements

Went to salt river

Water level was too low and I hit a lot of rocks and almost drowned with how strong the current was. I messed up back and my wrist with cuts and bruises, and I think I hurt my legs. Afterwards I got a severe sunburn on the front of my legs going from high thighs to below my ankle, half way up my foot with really bad burns. And also my arms, near armpits and on my chest as well. ------ was beyond dehydrated and almost passed out a couple times, very dizzy, very very nauseous. I'm sure I've taken care of it now, but I have other problems...

My entire arm on one side is nothing but ittie bittie goosebump sized blisters, the other arm has slightly bigger ones, along with (now yellowing) big nickel sized blisters (3). My forearms are ok though, just burned. My legs are in more pain than just a burn. I can not stand, walk, or even hover my legs in a sitting position over my bed without immense prickling hot pain. I have to stretch my legs out at a certain angle until it's an ok pain and then keep going, and when I finally can reach the ground without crying I stand on my feet, but I have to crouch real low and take tiny steps. I hold myself up a bit with the help of my high up mattress until I have to let go to move along my room or apartment. I have read on here that people have had this feeling in their legs as well, but I need to know if I need to see a doctor. And if I do, should I be going to an urgent care or the hospital, or? I've been putting aloe on me, along with aquaphor (which is better sometimes) and it helps the burn, but nothing else. What should I do?

Last edited by nicolerogersxx; 06-05-2015 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Forgot to put important info in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 04:54 PM

69 posts, read 77,494 times
I'm thinking you should definitely go to the hospital ouch. Do you have any pictures of these nasty burns.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:01 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,042,071 times
I wouldn't take (or give) medical advice on a forum, but you should go to urgent care. You'll be triaged. If it's determined you need hospitalization, they can help make that happen.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:08 PM

Old 06-05-2015, 06:14 PM

846 posts, read 1,884,262 times
vinegar and aloe...rub all over...also drink water and take advil. If no better by morning, consider medical attention, or Solarcaine (love the burn).

Old 06-05-2015, 06:25 PM

I've been putting aloe on, this has been going on since June 1st

Old 06-05-2015, 06:47 PM

7,048 posts, read 4,942,863 times
Anyone who has "almost drowned" should go to the hospital. You can survive an incident, then still have water in your lungs and "drown" later on. Besides, a sunburnlike that could be serious. Better to have everything checked out. Do you have an Urgent Care where you live?

Old 06-05-2015, 06:47 PM

846 posts, read 1,884,262 times
Vinegar will release the heat. Try it.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:34 PM

I know vinegar is great, but I don't have any. But yes there are some urgent cares around me.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:00 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,772,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolerogersxx View Post
I know vinegar is great, but I don't have any. But yes there are some urgent cares around me.
Doesn't look too bad, NicoleRogers.

This simple remedy may sound "off the wall" but it will definitely help with the blistering and then the peeling . . . take one Aspirin every two hours for the next two to three days.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area