Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 02:26 AM

24 posts, read 136,104 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am moving from the East Coast and will be taking a job at John C. Lincoln Hospital North campus. I am trying to find a good safe neighborhood to live in that is relatively close to that hospital. I will be working at night, so the traffic shouldn't be an issue for me except on my way home in the mornings. I don't mind driving 15-20 miles to a nice suburban neighborhood. I would like to live in an area with a good middle school.

Thanks Everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2006, 11:18 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I live about 5 minutes away from JCL North campus. You can definitely find a nice neighbordhood to live in nearby. What is your price range and that will give us a good idea of where you can look? I see that you are the same person asking about 35th ave and Northern. Is the JCL North campus up at the 101 and I-17 or is it at 3rd ave and Dunlap? I always get them confused. Because 35thave and northern will put you closer to the one on dunlap and nowhere near the other.

Last edited by sablebaby; 11-11-2006 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: needed more

Old 11-11-2006, 11:53 AM

24 posts, read 136,104 times
Default Jcl

Hi Sablebaby,

Thanks for answering! The JCL I am going to work at is 250 E Dunlap. I have looked at houses on the net, but I don't know anything about the neighborhoods. I just want to be in a nice safe area, that has a good middle school in the area. I am not someone that judges people based on their skin color, so I don't care what color people I live around as long as they are law-abiding citizens! I just said that because on another forum I asked about a certain area, and was told "You don't want to live in that area unless you want to live next to a bunch of *******!" Anyway, I will appreciate any insight you can give me!

Yes, I did ask about living around 35th and Northern. I was looking at a place on craigslist that was near there.

Thanks!

Old 11-11-2006, 06:23 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Ok, that clears it up. I drove past the other JCL campus near me and that's the Deer Valley one. The one that you are talking about is in Sunnyslope. That's really not the best area at all, in some parts just down right scarey, with lots of homeless, drug addicts, etc. Some parts are kinda up and coming, but on a whole, not yet. That's a good hospital though. I volunteered there for 5 years, until I graduated HS.

But once again it depends on price. How much are you wanting to spend??

Old 11-20-2006, 02:19 PM

602 posts, read 1,263,746 times
There are plenty of nice places within 15-20 miles around JCL on Dunlap, but I would agree that the immediate surrounding area is NOT one of them! My sister works at JCL on Dunlap, she lives up towards 40th St and Bell, it is decent up there. But there are any number of good places within your given distance.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:39 PM

3 posts, read 10,784 times
Smile yvonne fluff

Hi, Im moving to Arizona with my family and I will be working at the JCL Hospital. i would love anyones advice on which good areas to live work and colleges.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM

What are the colleges like in the area my daughter is 17 now and 18 when we get there.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,448,732 times
JCL North Mountain is in the neighborhood of Sunnyslope. The other JCL, which is much farther to the north, is JCL Deer Valley. Sunnyslope has been a troubled area but is beginning to turn around. Beyond Sunnyslope, your best bets are North Central Phoenix, the neighborhood immediately south of Sunnyslope, and Moon Valley, the neighborhood immediately north of Sunnyslope. Both are nice, stable residential areas. The boundary between Sunnyslope and NCP is the Arizona Canal and Northern Avenue; the boundary between Sunnyslope and Moon Valley is the Phoenix Mountains Preserve.

Map: Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/3bcbpg - broken link)

Last edited by exit2lef; 08-28-2007 at 03:00 PM..

Old 08-31-2007, 02:23 PM

178 posts, read 801,186 times
there's a very nice neighborhood just southwest of the Bell rd and scottsdale rd. Also there are some very nice developments along the north side of Bell rd and 51 st., west and I think east, particularly the development on the north side of 56th and Bell. Good luck. Very good traffic flow along Bell in this area , and at night practically no traffic.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:23 AM

Does anyone know of any good UNIVERSITY for my daughter who will be 18 when we go. Also when buying a house is there any advice you can give. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area