Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 03:57 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,738,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetsky Medved View Post
I moved here 10 years ago, If I could do it over again, I would have never moved here.
The economy here is going into the toilet, There's homeless everywhere begging on corners.
Druggies and tweakers in all the So called affordable apartments.
I pay $650 a month for a 1 bedroom with utilities furnished and it's infested with roaches and bed bugs and drug users.
I Don't know where your going to find a decent house for only $800 good luck.
Im also in Phoenix not Tucson.
Ive been searching for an apartment, that is CLEAN and BUG and TWEAKER free and all I can find is in the $900 and up range.
anything less and your slumming it here and the SLUMS are growing. I drove out to Sun City this afternoon with the idea of maybe the retirement areas would be better, But I was surprised at the amount of businesses "Restaurants and shops" that have went out of business. WTF! is going ON?
Uhhh, been here 16 years and even though there have been a few rough patches i haven't experienced anything close to what you have described! As for there being "slums" out here...you're kidding right? Sure there are a few rough areas, but nothing like what I experienced or saw back east. Not even close! To the OP, do your due diligence. Finding a place with four dogs could be a bit of a challenge. Arizona is huge so narrowing down your search as much as possible would be beneficial. I don't remember, but have you ever visited out here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 07:50 PM

212 posts, read 229,455 times
Sunluv: I seen a few places along Grand AVE. that are closed "Coco's" being one of them. "Arizona Cafe" in youngtown and that Cafe in the plaza right across from that. and it looked depressing from about 83rd to about 99th along Grand.
I was just expecting a little more out that way.
and Im right about finding a decent apartment in Central Phoenix unless you pay way to much.
look at Roosevelt point, they want over $900 a month for a studio. This isn't California.
and also, the only reason Ive stayed here for 10 years is I like my job. it might not pay much, but it's pretty dam easy.
and the benefits are fabulous. Id be a fool to walk away from that. But From what Ive seen Phoenix is getting more expensive everyday and looking a bit more trashy as well. if you don't believe that, Drive around a bit and don't just drive around Scottsdale, Check out the west side and central phoenix.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:33 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,768,982 times
I used to live in the Christown area (19th ave and Bethany hm rd.). What a crap hole that place was! There was pockets of nice areas surrounded by crime ridden hell holes. So damn sick of the crime. Finally moved out to the 75th ave and Lower Buckey area. What a complete different universe! I pay more in rent, but the area, the people and the scenery is MUCH better. I can take evening walks and not worry about being a: robbed or b:mauled by packs of stray dogs ( packs of stray dogs common in my old neighborhood). It's a bit further to amenities, but its a small price to pay for more piece of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area