Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 07:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,815,100 times

Advertisements

Colorado offers 2 tech companies $7.8M to expand in Denver area instead of Phoenix - Phoenix Business Journal

Phoenix needs to "ante up"...This would be wonderful if we could snag these tech companies to come to Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 09:51 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,723,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Colorado offers 2 tech companies $7.8M to expand in Denver area instead of Phoenix - Phoenix Business Journal

Phoenix needs to "ante up"...This would be wonderful if we could snag these tech companies to come to Phoenix.
no, i don't agree. Denver will have higher labor costs because it's a more expensive city to live in. Phoenix is already a pro-business jewel without giving away even more of the farm.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:03 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,634,762 times
From the employee perspective, I'd take PHX over Denver. It's very, very expensive to live in Denver, especially if you rent. And Denver traffic sucks. Road construction is way behind the growth curve.

Eh, I should have read the article first. They're already Colorado based companies, both of them.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:47 AM

39,120 posts, read 51,366,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
From the employee perspective, I'd take PHX over Denver. It's very, very expensive to live in Denver, especially if you rent. And Denver traffic sucks. Road construction is way behind the growth curve.

Eh, I should have read the article first. They're already Colorado based companies, both of them.
Yes, neither are going to come to Phoenix. They just tossed that idea out to shake more money out of the taxpayers of Denver.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,963,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes, neither are going to come to Phoenix. They just tossed that idea out to shake more money out of the taxpayers of Denver.
Yep, the more cities in the running, the harder they try to outdo each other. I doubt these cities had any intention of moving.

This reminds me of Tesla, they never really wanted to build here, we were just a chess piece.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:13 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,723,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Yep, the more cities in the running, the harder they try to outdo each other. I doubt these cities had any intention of moving.

This reminds me of Tesla, they never really wanted to build here, we were just a chess piece.
one of the first things you learn running a (successful) business is that you *need* to turn a profit.

If the first thing your salespeople do when dealing with a customer is to chop the price, they aren't very good at selling.

You sell service & benefits, not price - because there is always someone willing to take less (and drive themselves out of business).

The same is true for our state - we're already "pro business" and low taxes. We have low wages, almost completely non-existent labor laws, and a complete distaste for any kind of regulation or oversight when it comes to businesses. Our climate is ideal for a business that cannot afford to shut down due to weather.

It's already a damn good deal, even at full price.

Anyone who can't "sell" that isn't a very good salesperson.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:49 AM

14,195 posts, read 22,807,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Phoenix needs to "ante up"...
Why? There's no need for corporate welfare. In fact, that's a colossal waste of money. But I guess that's what counts as "business-friendly" these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: