Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 07:23 AM

129 posts, read 150,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
You can always move. I never saw the sense of complaining when you know automatically how the place is before you move. That is definitely an East coast thing.
You must not have read all of my posts. That must be a west coast thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikethesky View Post
My heart has always been with the mountains and desert, since I was a girl. I'd always wanted to leave the coast. Being close to the ocean doesn't do much for me. I really disliked June gloom. And I spent every summer as a girl with my family in Morro Bay. To me, the ocean, as beautiful as it is and as fascinating as its inhabitants are, is like a cold curtain. The mountains and desert, on the other hand, have vistas and distances that feel expansive and never ending to me. The call of a certain geography is hard to deny.

That is exactly how I feel, just the opposite. When I see videos and pictures of the ocean, my soul smiles.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:31 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbuminAZ View Post
You must not have read all of my posts. That must be a west coast thing.
Hating where you are and insisting you can't do anything about it: Must be a female thing.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Hating where you are and insisting you can't do anything about it: Must be a female thing.

Hmm, poor comprehension on your part. I never said I hate it in AZ. I also never said I can't do anything about it. Try reading all of the posts prior to stating a false accusation. And belittling women...you are a class act!

Old 06-23-2015, 09:35 AM

5 posts, read 4,322 times
I just moved from NC and thought of you right away. It's beautiful there and 4 seasons, but more like 3 seasons. But I also love AZ and now after 1 year call this home and plan on staying. My dream is to eventally have 2 homes. One in NC and on in AZ.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:43 AM

5 posts, read 4,322 times
I would never ever live in AZ without a pool. A pool makes a big difference. I would be totally bored in this heat without a pool. I lived on a lake before moving here and miss the lake and boating but having a nice pool really helps in this heat.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:38 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
Quote:
Our parents live here also, so that adds to us feeling stuck here.
I would hope your parents would be happy no matter where you live as long as you/your family are happy. I think the feeling of "stuck" often originates within ourselves, guilt and all that fun stuff. Life's too short for that in my book, to live the life others expect us to live, but I can understand it.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:21 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Hmm, poor comprehension on your part. I never said I hate it in AZ. I also never said I can't do anything about it. Try reading all of the posts prior to stating a false accusation. And belittling women...you are a class act!
To be fair you were given a solution. San Diego is close and it doesn't cost a $1,000 for a weekend trip. Unless you're staying at a five star hotel.

Your kids will survive a 5 hour drive, families all over the country go on road trips that are much longer.

You can get your beach fix that way.

Just because someone lives in a state that is on the ocean, doesn't mean they're always at the beach.

If you moved to AZ because your parents moved there and they're aging, I would have a frank talk with them and explain we(husband and I) don't care for it here, if you need help down the road due to health issues we don't plan on staying here, let them know that.

They might be open to relocating elsewhere if you do.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:26 PM

231 posts, read 587,306 times
I grew up in the Seattle area--lots of green, trees and water. Of course there are months of clouds and rain there so in 2007 I moved to Vegas. I didnt even last a year--the heat was annoying but the biggest thing I couldnt take was the brown landscape and the lack of water (even rain was a rarity) and non stop sun. I moved back to Seattle...Almost immediately I regretted the move because I just didnt want to live in the cool, cloudy NW anymore (I moved back in Sept so within a month the weather turned to crap! Lol).
It took me 6 years but I finally was able to get a full relocation by my company down to Florida and I LOVE it. Yes, its flat but the climate is outstanding, LOVE all the water and beaches here and I go boating or to the beach almost every weekend.

Point is, dont give up. If you dont like the desert (its not for everyone) then move. You only live once!

This pic was taken in mid October in Seattle! Lol! Look at everyone all bundled up...Ridiculous!

This pic was also taken in October but in Miami...Ahh, what a difference. So happy to be down here.

Last edited by WANative; 06-23-2015 at 06:45 PM..

Old 06-24-2015, 09:31 AM

Wow, what a difference! We are considering Florida..since Tampa would be the best possibility for a job transfer. Just now sure if we would love summer all year round. Congrats to you for finding your happy place. Enjoy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area