Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 04:30 AM

10 posts, read 11,055 times

Advertisements

I'm getting so frustrated! My wife and I have a flight planned tomorrow to visit Surprise and intention was to sign a lease while there however all the listings I've been checking realtors say they are already gone. I tried to work with a couple agents individually however they don't seem interested in helping us find a rental. At a complete loss here; feel like this trip will be a waste as I've still got no houses to look at or available. Any other suggestions on how to find a rental home? Is this how the market is? Argggg...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 05:18 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
When one goes, another pops up. I doubt you are going to get it done in a day, but you should be able to find something suitable in a few days of hunting. I'd suggest you work with a rental management company. I see signs for Desert Wide Properties quite a bit. In any case, it is going to be much easier if you are here rather than trying to do this over the internet.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:36 AM

I hope thats the case. Unfortunately our trip is only a few days... We will be in the area and available for showings by Thursday (tomorrow) afternoon and have a red eye flight out Sunday morning. That just gives us 3 days. I've tried WestUSA Realty however doesn't seem promising. Seems much easier buying/selling a house than renting!

Old 06-24-2015, 08:15 AM

Has anyone used RentSurpriseAZ.com - Surprise Phoenix Arizona Rental Homes Real Estate Listings MLS - Kevin Beasley? It's far fetched since I'm travelling out tomorrow but I'm going to see if he is willing to assist. Trying to just go and sign, then move out there immediately.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:31 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,757,953 times
Yea unfortunately rentals are a low low priority to realtors. I've found that out the hard way a year and a half ago. Was browsing properties on Realtors.com and came across some nice rental homes. They do not like working with renters. Realtors tend to be, quite frankly, flaky in the rental market. However, once you do find one, its a godsend! On that note, try Realtors.com.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 AM

I've been on realtors.com and was contacting listing agents directly. They either don't return call (assuming listing is no longer available), or half a$$ offered assistance then bugged out. We have great credit, are relocating with well paying jobs, don't smoke, don't party, and have no pets...(2 year old child though!) one would think we're a landlords wet dream.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:31 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,676,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm2600 View Post
I've been on realtors.com and was contacting listing agents directly. They either don't return call (assuming listing is no longer available), or half a$$ offered assistance then bugged out. We have great credit, are relocating with well paying jobs, don't smoke, don't party, and have no pets...(2 year old child though!) one would think we're a landlords wet dream.
Try these guys-

Apartment Rentals Phoenix | Arizona Houses For Rent, Phoenix AZ Apartments, Phoenix Rental Homes

FWIW - in our area, we don't pay the agent that brings a tenant much - usually a couple hundred bucks, so rentals are a low-priority for most agents. The place I provided the link for does rentals almost exclusively. There may not be alot to pick from, but they'll find you something..

Old 06-24-2015, 12:45 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
My landlord neighbors seem to just put up signs and they go quick.
You also have to keep in mind the heat right now.
I'll message you a name that might help (a landlord I know uses them).

Old 06-25-2015, 06:03 AM

12 posts, read 45,600 times
Zillow is better that realtor.com in this area for rentals. Check out militarybyowner.com too. Some listings on there are from agents & some are from the homeowners.

Are you only looking in Surprise? Is that where both your jobs will be?

In Surprise Marley Park has a few listings (community pool too). Also good communities south of Surprise that might be an okay commute to Surprise are Litchfield Park, Goodyear north of I10, Waddell (Cortessa...near White Tank Trails), and east Buckeye the Verrado area...community pool, splash park & biking trails (also near White Tanks)....bit further out, but may be worth the drive (It is like Marley Park but larger & I have heard some think it is a bit nicer). All are easily reached either by 303 or major streets (traffic is usually not too bad).

North of Surprise is Peoria, also nice but generally a bit more expensive.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:06 AM

12 posts, read 45,600 times
Oh I forgot... Verrado Real Estate - Homes for Sale in Buckeye, AZ has rentals/lease listings too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area