Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 10:10 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,273,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

I doubt we will ever know what really happened but I can tell you this, I will never believe a guy who murdered two people he knew had children waiting at home. Who buried them like dogs in his backyard and watched a whole city search the desert for them in 115 degree heat. He was a liar, and a killer.
I'm not sure why someone would choose to believe a murderer. Especially someone they never met. Someone who kills another human being will have no trouble lying.

My condolences to the family and friends of the victim. I cannot imagine the pain caused by this horrible double murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,572 times
Drug addicts, snuff film makers, Mexican ransom money or sociopaths and Apache Junction are loaded full of these creeps. The husband has a bad arm giving him a huge disadvantage against his capturers. They left the car and didn't part it out for money and thats what addicts and ransom is geared toward. Snuff films only need the victims. In that case I would focus on AJ area, but first remember maricopa county is loaded with intersection and street cameras. So narrow down the day and time of their disappearance possibly to the hour and request the camera footage to be viewed by an investigator or someone of nature. If your denied that then get a court subpoena signed by a judge for the footage of 2-3 cameras in the area and make sure on the subpoena there is a specific time frame ei.. city "?" has 2 weeks to comply with request to produce footage. I hope this makes sense or helps in some way. Last resort is door to door asking everyone in the area where their car was found. See if anyone saw anything remember residents have home security cameras to, so check all nearby homes see if they have camera footage and politely request a copy of any thing they find that may help.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:26 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,522,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karith View Post

but first remember maricopa county is loaded with intersection and street cameras. So narrow down the day and time of their disappearance possibly to the hour and request the camera footage to be viewed by an investigator or someone of nature. If your denied that then get a court subpoena signed by a judge for the footage of 2-3 cameras in the area and make sure on the subpoena there is a specific time frame ei.. city "?" has 2 weeks to comply with request to produce footage. I hope this makes sense or helps in some way. Last resort is door to door asking everyone in the area where their car was found. See if anyone saw anything remember residents have home security cameras to, so check all nearby homes see if they have camera footage and politely request a copy of any thing they find that may help.
Have you been paying ANY attention to the news, or read the last several posts of this thread? Their bodies have been found buried in the yard of a nearby house, the confessed killer is in custody.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:41 AM

13,451 posts, read 7,450,277 times
PCSO: Suspect confesses to killing Maricopa couple They were found in this guys backyard he used a backhoe to dig a 6 food grave. I hope this guy and his buddy get the death penalty his friend said he saw him the couple did nothing but leave the home.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:55 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,494,740 times
Latest update on this story:

Michael and Tina Careccia update: Report says Phoenix couple had meth in system at time of death - ABC15 Arizona

I feel bad for the kids as it sounds like they had no idea what was going on with their parents.

And this guy was an airline pilot? Good grief.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:46 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,768,993 times
Many thanks for the update, Stevek64 . . .

Definitely confirms my suspicions relating to this horrific ending.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:12 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,522,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

Michael and Tina Careccia update: Report says Phoenix couple had meth in system at time of death - ABC15 Arizona

I feel bad for the kids as it sounds like they had no idea what was going on with their parents.

He had not been flying for an extended period of time due to an injury.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:06 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,635,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

Such a disappointment to friends and family for sure. It's bizarre to think about as from what I've heard nobody knew. Thinking about them searching all over the desert makes me sick. I feel deeply sorry for their kids, and this will leave a long lasting scar for sure. In a way I'm glad that there is at least a reason for this tragedy. I've been worried that the murderer was tied to people out to hurt the whole family, and I've been fearing for my friends safety being a relative. Now I can make sense of it all.

Unfortunately, when you do bad things, it usually ends in jail or death. A hard lesson learned. The trial will be in three years, and probably long and drawn out. The family will continue to suffer for years to come. I hope the public can be appropriate in commenting since their kids will see it. Even if drugs were involved the children are the only ones left to deal with the backlash. It's a sad ending to a very sad event in their lives and it's far from over.

I hope the "I told you so's" are short and people understand the kids weren't the ones using drugs, but they are the ones who will continue living with their parents legacy. Yes, drugs were involved, suspicions confirmed, and they paid the price for that behavior with their lives. I and everyone wishes they would have chosen a different path. At least it makes sense now, that's the only good outcome. The rest is still very hard to swallow. I knew them for 20 years and would have never thought this would happen.

Like Observer said, he hasn't been flying for years. He was injured and could not fly. I'm now wonder if that injury lead to drug abuse. He was on a lot of prescription drugs after the surgery. Gosh, it's just so hard to keep wondering where it all went so wrong. It's just so close to home for me. You just never know. I hear about these house wives addicted to Heroin, and middle class Americans doing Meth but it really just doesn't compute. I don't even drink so it's hard to imagine. I wish I could turn back the hands of time though, my friends are really going through a lot and there is nothing I can do to help. Just such a mess. Now the compassion will be gone, and they will have to deal with it alone. Such a sad turn of events and it just continues to get sadder.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:17 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,635,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Many thanks for the update, Stevek64 . . .

Definitely confirms my suspicions relating to this horrific ending.
Wow, not mine. I'm naive I guess. It is still quite a shock. I never would have believed they were doing that stuff. From the outside things looked perfectly fine. I'm baffled. I wasn't around on a daily basis but every time I saw them things looked pretty normal. They seemed pretty happy. I always had a completely different picture of Meth users to be honest. I know better now. Wish I didn't find out this way. I will still be there to support the rest of the family as best I can. Now that they are known Meth drug addicts I'm sure the road before them with the trial and stuff will be a nightmare. The comments on the news stories are horrible. I hope they stay off of there and stop reading them. It's hard because they are older kids and use to searching the net. It's hard for them I'm sure to read about their parents over and over. Sucks.

Last edited by PoppySead; 08-29-2015 at 08:30 AM..

Old 08-29-2015, 08:20 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,036,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Such a disappointment to friends and family for sure.
I'm sorry. Some people you can never really know, no matter how long you know them.

It just strikes me that there must have been others who knew them better than you, who probably did have an inkling and did/said nothing, possibly because it's "uncool" to call anyone out on their recreational drug use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area