Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 05:30 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,748,296 times

Advertisements

Trump looked awesome!

Old 07-11-2015, 07:14 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,328,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
I guess a meeting between the two of them was unavoidable and is now happening in our midst. We'll probably hear why Hillary Clinton wasn't really born in Arkansas and why profiling minorities should be the basis of police work. Apparently Senator Flake wanted to avoid this whole embarrassment but was rebuked by the local Maricopa Republican chairman who apparently was "thrilled" by the idea. Here we go... I am concerned though that this will just reinforce our fringe reputation and damage Phoenix as a place for business and investments, among other things.

Donald Trump Arizona: Anti-immigrant sheriff Joe Arpaio appearing with 2016 candidate in Phoenix Saturday.
I'm not a big fan of Trump, or Arpaio for that matter ... both are very arrogant and are always grabbing media attention at every chance they get. They belong together. With that said, I don't necessarily agree with your statement about this damaging Phoenix as a place for business & investments. Before he came to Phoenix, Trump spoke in Las Vegas. Do you think Trump's strong message about illegal immigration & other things did any damage to Vegas? I highly doubt it.

On less serious note, I would have liked to have met Trump & asked him if he still has any plans to build a Trump Tower in Phoenix. He tried to get a low level highrise constructed near 28th Street & Camelback a few years ago, but it was heavily protested by NIMBYs. Trump backed out of the deal, mainly as a result of all the backlash. I still think a Trump Tower would enhance the Phoenix skyline, but it should be a true skyscraper (not just 20 stories) located either downtown or in the Central Corridor.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:04 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,367,813 times
I like it, Trump running with a VEEP candidate who will be 84 in 2016 and possibly under Federal indictment by then. The Tom Tancredo crowd will have a new maypole to dance around.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:05 PM

784 posts, read 926,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I like it, Trump running with a VEEP candidate who will be 84 in 2016 and possibly under Federal indictment by then. The Tom Tancredo crowd will have a new maypole to dance around.
I doubt that any reasonable thinking person would ever suspect that Trump would consider Joe as a VP.

Why must liberals make these kind of outlandish statements....what is wrong with just going with what is know and factual and attempt to add something of substance to the conversation.

If Trump is able to convey a convincing message to right our unfair trade agreements along with a promise to truly get control of our border he is going to be Reaganesque and cross party lines....I remember the same scorn and ridicule that was heaped on Reagan before he won by a landslide.....

Old 07-12-2015, 12:03 AM

2,809 posts, read 3,195,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
If Trump is able to convey a convincing message to right our unfair trade agreements along with a promise to truly get control of our border he is going to be Reaganesque and cross party lines....I remember the same scorn and ridicule that was heaped on Reagan before he won by a landslide.....
Your support for Reagan's blanket amnesty in 1986 means that you are now for Trump's anti-immigrant rants for lack of cohesion?

Old 07-12-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
Your support for Reagan's blanket amnesty in 1986 means that you are now for Trump's anti-immigrant rants for lack of cohesion?
Again with the distortions...not sure where any of my posts show I agreed with Reagans blanket amnesty....oh right...because they didn't....again why the need to make things up....why not just post on what is known without these shenanigans?

Reagan was tricked into doing an amnesty deal with the promises that the border would be secured....that is what happens when you trust people to do something on their word....as we all know the securing of the border never happened and millions more came across the border.

This is the main reason there will never ever be another amnesty without first having the border secured.......or at least implement the same border rules that Mexico enforces on its neighbors....most dems want the same deal Reagan allowed knowing if the amnesty happens first then the border will continue to stay open.

Wonder how things are going to change with Guzman escaping from prison....will it allow Trump more factual talking points on why something has to be done on our southern border...with Guzman out does it mean a greater potential of drug violence in the Phoenix area?

Old 07-12-2015, 10:56 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,969,479 times
Trump is playing well to a Conservative audience and Arpaio's presence will help that. However, the reality is that it is the center of American politics that elects Presidents and not the left or right fringes and, as such, Trump is probably unelectable.

Probably the biggest beneficiary of Trump’s candidacy is Jeb Bush. First, Trump poses no threat to Bush’s fundraising efforts. Second, and more significantly, the more the Republican primary candidates move to the right and the more extreme their rhetoric becomes, the more likely it is that voters will look to the candidate best able to present himself as the last remaining adult in the room. And that is likely to be Jeb Bush.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:59 AM

6,408 posts, read 9,029,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Again with the distortions...not sure where any of my posts show I agreed with Reagans blanket amnesty....oh right...because they didn't....again why the need to make things up....why not just post on what is known without these shenanigans?

Reagan was tricked into doing an amnesty deal with the promises that the border would be secured....that is what happens when you trust people to do something on their word....as we all know the securing of the border never happened and millions more came across the border.

This is the main reason there will never ever be another amnesty without first having the border secured.......or at least implement the same border rules that Mexico enforces on its neighbors....most dems want the same deal Reagan allowed knowing if the amnesty happens first then the border will continue to stay open.

Wonder how things are going to change with Guzman escaping from prison....will it allow Trump more factual talking points on why something has to be done on our southern border...with Guzman out does it mean a greater potential of drug violence in the Phoenix area?
I would love to see your plan to secure the border. There's a reason people like Trump simply talk tough without stating an actual shovel ready plan...because it cannot be done in a sane and cost efficient way. They also have no genuine intention, it's just a way to drum up paranoia for votes.

We have a problem with the border only because this nation has a surplus of jobs Americans don't want and refuse to work coupled with an archaic immigration policy that cannot meet free market demand.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Trump is playing well to a Conservative audience and Arpaio's presence will help that. However, the reality is that it is the center of American politics that elects Presidents and not the left or right fringes and, as such, Trump is probably unelectable.

Probably the biggest beneficiary of Trump’s candidacy is Jeb Bush. First, Trump poses no threat to Bush’s fundraising efforts. Second, and more significantly, the more the Republican primary candidates move to the right and the more extreme their rhetoric becomes, the more likely it is that voters will look to the candidate best able to present himself as the last remaining adult in the room. And that is likely to be Jeb Bush.
There is only one way for Bush to make it though the primary and we saw it in 2008.

The elite repubs in charge would have to make it a 3 man race....Bush being the moderate with more liberal leanings and 2 conservatives splitting that vote...in 2008 it was the Rhino McCain with Romney and Huckabee splitting the conservative vote....remember that Huckabee stayed in just long enough for McCain to get the nomination when he should have folded up much earlier....I don't think its a coincidence that Huckabee is talking about running again....he's the party's elite hand picked spoiler.

If it comes down to a 2 man race I just don't see how Bush can win the nomination....he himself has acknowledged that....money won't get him the nomination.

And for the record an mentioned in another post Trump is not anti-immigration..no matter how many times people on here are trying to pedal that lie....he would benefit greatly from more immigrants getting into the country....all of his rhetoric has been against illegal immigration....how some on here can't grasp that is beyond me....why lie....isn't the telling the truth anything of value anymore?

Old 07-12-2015, 11:32 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,783,298 times
Many of these posts are downright HUMOROUS . . . SAD but HUMOROUS none the less.

Unfortunately, over the years we have all become far too accepting of the Political Lies and BS from our Leaders as well as our Wanna Be Leaders.

Bottom line . . . Donald Trump SPEAKETH THE TRUTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area