Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 11:56 AM

7,231 posts, read 9,316,404 times

Advertisements

I like seeing the snow on the surrounding mountains. I know it's rare but that's what makes it cool. A few years ago hiking on Shaw Butte snowflakes were falling on me. Not a one of them survived after hitting the ground but it was cool. (pun intended)

I like it when a monsoon storm sweeps thru the area. No, don't like downed poles or trees or messed up roofs. But there is a beauty and majesty to one of those storms.

I like the haboobs. They are really fun and different. As long as they stay rare.

As to burgers; the Chuck Box is good but too far from my usual haunts. So mine are Habit Burger and Culvers. Realize they are more fast foodish but still like 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 12:02 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,625,346 times
1. Spring training plus all the major sports
2. Easy access to Camping, Lakes, Mountains, Trails, and even California or Mexican beaches
3. Easy access to Vegas
4. Most of the population is easy going and friendly.
5. Good selection of concerts pass through
6. Great beer selections from all over the world (great local breweries as well)
7. The Weather (even the summer)
8. A blooming downtown (it takes time but it appears to be happening)

Old 07-20-2015, 12:33 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,344,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go09 View Post
Patios. I love the patios. I love the patios in back yards, at coffee establishments, restaurants, even Barnes & Noble. Oh, and the misters and heaters that give us more months to enjoy the patios... I like those, too!

I also love patios. There are patios in the Midwest, but you are lucky if you can use them 3 months of the year. For that reason I want to sit outside to eat or drink whenever I can, whether that is under a heater in January or under a mister in August. I especially love walking down a street on a hot day, with several patios in a row, misters going, and getting a nice cooling spray.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:33 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,344,710 times
What do I love?

Rarely being cold. If I am it is likely because a place has the AC cranked too high.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:42 PM

2,097 posts, read 3,821,293 times
Cost of living, compared to the east coast this is heaven
No snow
Smooth roads,no toll roads and no potholes
Pro 2A state
Fesh produce that actually last more than a few days
The mountains
The desert scenery and how quick the temps & topography changes in just. 1 1/2 hr drive north
Summer sunsets
Sunshine,there's never days on end of gloomy weather...I get SAD easily
Sitting on the patio on a 100 degree night having a drink
The smell after a good thunderstorm
Friendly and helpfull people not like the M*******s back east
Being able to eat outdoors at a restaurant almost year round either under a heater or misters
All four professional sports teams

Old 07-20-2015, 02:09 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,957,519 times
1.great weather low humidity
2.close proximity to weekend vacation areas(california,vegas,mexico and N arizona)
3 few bugs
4 friendly people( more people with core family values live in Az)
5 housing in AZ (newer and cheaper)
6 cheaper food costs due to having over a dozen different food stores in AZ
7 This is the reason I moved from Florida (no natural disasters in Arizona)
8. lower insurance rates

Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 PM

21 posts, read 28,130 times
Thanks everybody these are great. Love the personal replies about patio misters, eating outside, smell after the rain, nice highways, low traffic, lots of sky, 1.5 hour drive to surrounding areas. We like to hike and will when the weather cools down a bit. AND also thanks for the side convo about burgers haha ill have to take my hubby out and try to find the best local burger

Old 07-21-2015, 07:43 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,751,624 times
Good thread.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:53 AM

81 posts, read 83,133 times
Agree with many of the previous responses but wanted to add that I appreciate the drivers out here, who somehow manage to be fast and easygoing at the same time. If you're in their way, they just scoot around you rather than riding your back bumper; if they're in your way, you can usually pass them easily because you don't tend to see clumps of slow drivers impeding traffic here. (Well, we'll see if that observation holds up when the snowbirds hit town.) I'm finding people let you into their lane more amicably here too.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:26 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,996,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Sure doesn't feel like the moisture was sucked out today, it's humid as hell out there. Got an awesome 4 hour mountain bike ride in at Phoenix Mountain Preserve though. Got to love the lower temps this time of year!
I was there on Sunday, too. Humid as heck out. I hiked Twobit Peak, just about died from being drowned in my own sweat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area