Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 01:56 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,142,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Moderator(s) can we delete a thread for being entirely pointless and adding little to no value for anyone reading it? This isn't even a rant, it's just pointless.
Seconded!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 02:06 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Phoenix weather is very simple.

Sunny and Hot
Sunny and Less Hot
Sunny and Nice
Sunny with an unlikely chance of rain

/Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 02:06 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,701,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Seconded!

I hate deleted / moved / heavily-moderated threads. This forum caters to those new to the valley - that's ok. If you're "tired of the same old questions", then go walk your dog, plant a tree, or take a jog up Camelback Mountain..

Old 07-27-2015, 02:16 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,142,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
If you're "tired of the same old questions", then go walk your dog, plant a tree, or take a jog up Camelback Mountain..
It's the middle of the day...probably not a good idea to walk a dog in this heat.

Also, not a great time of year to be doing any tree planting. It's much hard for them to establish in hot weather.

I'd totally take a jog up Camelback but round trip is about an hour not to mention having to drive there. Probably an't make it on my lunch hour.

Thank you for your insightful suggestions though!

Old 07-27-2015, 02:23 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,449,524 times
The thing is, one thread to discuss the current season's weather is enough. It's all part of the same discussion, those of us who live here know what's going on, and the folks who are new here or don't live here can learn from one thread just like they can learn from four or five, without all the repetition from people trying to be helpful and answer the question or respond to the comment.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:28 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,611,587 times
Not a bad summer so far but it also has been a very lackluster monsoon season.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:33 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,343,023 times
In other not shocking news, everyone still has AC units in cars, buildings and homes in Phoenix.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:52 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,618,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
What does the weather man do during these summer months? Does anyone even listen to the weather man or check the weather during this period?
Hello, again, Longnote. Long time no notes from you.

First of all, our "weather man" might actually be a weather woman, and secondly we don't usually always know what our weather people do during summer months. They most likely do what all the rest of us do: they accept the fact that they live in Arizona and live their lives in as cool of an environment as possible.

As to your second "weather man" question, I don't usually listen to our weather people at all. My information comes mainly from NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration). They provide me with all of the weather info I require.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:43 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,343,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Hello, again, Longnote. Long time no notes from you.

First of all, our "weather man" might actually be a weather woman, and secondly we don't usually always know what our weather people do during summer months. They most likely do what all the rest of us do: they accept the fact that they live in Arizona and live their lives in as cool of an environment as possible.

As to your second "weather man" question, I don't usually listen to our weather people at all. My information comes mainly from NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration). They provide me with all of the weather info I require.
Most are weather women and boy are many spectacular! That might be a different thread though.

I had my Montana parents over this past weekend to swim in this "miserable" 110 degree heat. They can't believe how nice it feels outside being in and out of the pool all afternoon and not feeling hot even with the temp reaching near 110. Oh the life here....it's so hard!!!

Old 07-27-2015, 04:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,478,202 times
Just thinking.....how about having one "sticky" thread on anything/everything weather related in the Phoenix metro? Looks like we only have 2 "Sticky" threads on this forum and I think weather would be a good one to add.

That way we will have one point of reference thread on the topic of weather and it would be easier for newbies looking for opinions/info on weather here. Will also prevent having a new weather topic thread that seems to pop up every week on the same old same old.

Just a thought.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: