Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 11:23 AM

7 posts, read 25,282 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking about retiring in the phoenix/scottsdale area. We want to live on a golf course and its important that we have a pool for our dogs to swim in. We are willing to spend up to $1,500,000 for a home. What are some good communities to look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 01:01 PM
hts

762 posts, read 2,163,368 times
dc ranch. anthem (a little farther north, but very active 55-older crowd). there are a ton of golf course communities in scottsdale north of dc ranch as well.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,779,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlnative29 View Post
My husband and I are thinking about retiring in the phoenix/scottsdale area. We want to live on a golf course and its important that we have a pool for our dogs to swim in. We are willing to spend up to $1,500,000 for a home. What are some good communities to look at?
Stlnative, there are many golf communities in Scottsdale to choose from, with a pool in that price range. The prices have come down drastically so there are some real bargains to be had.

You may wish to work with a realtor to discuss the areas with you to help prevent you from having to do a lot of driving around. With the internet as it is today, my clients will send me mls numbers from their realtor.com searches and I provide them with more information on that property and the area. I also look for properties that meet their criteria and send to them. When we narrow down some homes, I go and preview them to make sure they are what the photos show they are.

We narrow down the selection so when they come out, then can look at only their best choices in their choice of areas, and it drastically cuts down on the amount of time my clients have to spend viewing the actual communities and properties.

One of the things to consider is how far north you wish to be. Candlewood Estates, a gated community in Troon North is a highly desirable community. I was working on a listing there that was once listed at 1.5 mil and is now at 1.15. It doesn't have a pool so it would not meet your criteria, but just to show how prices have come down.

There is also Estancia, Desert Highlands, Troon Golf Course, all north of Pinnacle Peak Rd.

South of that is Pinnacle peak CC, Grayhawk GC, And Country Club at DC Ranch. These all border the N. Pima Rd area.

I believe those areas will meet the initial criteria that you mention.

Another consideration is do you want to be located on a fairway, or just in the golf community. Being on the fairway will increase the price substantially, while being in the community you can get a lot of house for $1.5 mil.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:52 PM

682 posts, read 2,566,742 times
My parents live at Desert Mountain, which is a golf community in the far north part of Scottsdale. They have either 6 or 7 golf courses in the compound and it is a beautiful place.

There are at least 6 restaurants there and the area is guarded 24 hours a day by a professional security detail. There is a huge fitness center with outdoor pool.

It is the prettiest desert area I have seen in the Phoenix area and worth a look for you if you are wanting a good golf community. Some of the homes there are within your price range.

altus2006

Old 02-04-2008, 09:22 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Troon North area (Scottsdale) sounds like it would fit your bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: