Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 10:08 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,958,672 times

Advertisements

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. I think it might have a shot in Scottsdale, with nearby PV and FH (read: money), but I think it would flop somewhere like Glendale or Mesa. Rich people have money to spend, and you know they prefer the luxury lifestyle. What better than to take a small, quiet, first class flight to Vegas or CA, w/o having to deal with crowds and all the hassles flying entails? I think they might actually like Jet Purple (complete ripoff of Jet Blue's name, IMO). Only time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 12:01 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,463,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. I think it might have a shot in Scottsdale, with nearby PV and FH (read: money), but I think it would flop somewhere like Glendale or Mesa. Rich people have money to spend, and you know they prefer the luxury lifestyle. What better than to take a small, quiet, first class flight to Vegas or CA, w/o having to deal with crowds and all the hassles flying entails? I think they might actually like Jet Purple (complete ripoff of Jet Blue's name, IMO). Only time will tell.
Though I wouldn't spend that much on a small turboprop plane for what I consider such short driving distance destinations, I don't think the prices are out of reach for a good chunk of the middle class, especially the mid/upper middle class and beyond, who want to take a trip here or there and hate driving. Those with piles of money probably have a private jet time share or charter their own small jet for travel.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Though I wouldn't spend that much on a small turboprop plane for what I consider such short driving distance destinations, I don't think the prices are out of reach for a good chunk of the middle class, especially the mid/upper middle class and beyond, who want to take a trip here or there and hate driving. Those with piles of money probably have a private jet time share or charter their own small jet for travel.
Sure the prices are affordable to most, but what I was getting at was the luxury aspect behind the airline, something that will no doubt attract those who live that lifestyle. Me? Im an American Airlines-type guy.

For those with private jets, those are the ultra-wealthy, and Jet Purple will no doubt no even be on their radar. Or would that be their "TCAS"? Sorry, thats the aviation dork in me talking.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:48 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,463,318 times
Quote:
Sure the prices are affordable to most, but what I was getting at was the luxury aspect behind the airline, something that will no doubt attract those who live that lifestyle. Me? Im an American Airlines-type guy.

For those with private jets, those are the ultra-wealthy, and Jet Purple will no doubt no even be on their radar. Or would that be their "TCAS"? Sorry, thats the aviation dork in me talking.
AA will always be at least half US Airways in my mind.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
AA will always be at least half US Airways in my mind.
Yeah, after the merger and all...

I lived relatively close to ORD, which was one of AA's major hubs (second largest behind Dallas if I remember correctly). I always enjoyed their old unpainted jets before the current livery. Every once in awhile they would fly in the 737 with the retro livery from the 60's, complete with black nose cone and all. Way cool.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:17 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
It's not just the rich who will use this service. You are forgetting about the 30K millionaires in Scottsdale. The 20 something hipsters will go for this. They will get groups of their friends and take it together to go to Vegas to stand out and brag. Bachelor and Bachelorette parties will take pictures and post it on Facebook with their sunglasses on holding champagne with purple seats in the background. LOL You will be surprised at how much money that people with so little money will spend. It is part of the culture in the Valley. People want to impress. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the idea is a hit.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's not just the rich who will use this service. You are forgetting about the 30K millionaires in Scottsdale. The 20 something hipsters will go for this. They will get groups of their friends and take it together to go to Vegas to stand out and brag. Bachelor and Bachelorette parties will take pictures and post it on Facebook with their sunglasses on holding champagne with purple seats in the background. LOL You will be surprised at how much money that people with so little money will spend. It is part of the culture in the Valley. People want to impress. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the idea is a hit.
This made me laugh. Its too true. I dont make a lot of money, but I NEVER live beyond my means. We have a small 2BR/2BA condo in Scottdale, drive older cars that are paid for, and just enjoy life here. Our neighbor 2 doors down is a young kid, has hardly any furniture in his condo, but drives a brand new Audi A6 and is always coming home with bags of clothes and whatnot. Gotta impress the ladies I guess. I cant wait til he brings one home... "sorry, babe, we're gonna have to have sex on the air mattress, if you dont mind."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area