Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 09:27 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,955,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizillla View Post
Awesome!! Thanks so much. I will check all of these out. I actually live in Gilbert, so the trip won't be too far for me. I also went to Chop-Shop and they have a very good chai-latte, although it's not exactly a "coffee-shop"

Lol! My family all makes their own coffee too. I just love going to a unique coffee shop and trying out their coffee/ pastries. I am fairly new to Phoenix-metro... so I'm trying to get a scoop on all the best places. So far, most everyone has been raving about "Cartel"
I can second Bergies in Downtown Gilbert. They mix and roast their own beans and usually have a good selection of both drip and espresso. The owners usually work and they can steer you towards a great coffee. IF you tell them what you like. The atmosphere is also top notch, they have live acoustic music in the evenings.

Also try the Coffee Shop at Agritopia, I was impressed by their coffee and they have a great bakery selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM

2,274 posts, read 3,073,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
I can second Bergies in Downtown Gilbert. They mix and roast their own beans and usually have a good selection of both drip and espresso. The owners usually work and they can steer you towards a great coffee. IF you tell them what you like. The atmosphere is also top notch, they have live acoustic music in the evenings.

Also try the Coffee Shop at Agritopia, I was impressed by their coffee and they have a great bakery selection.

I'll second Bergie's in Gilbert. It's right in old downtown Gilbert just north of Joe's BBQ.

In the downtown/Central Phoenix area I like HobNobs (McDowell and 3rd Ave - great atmosphere in a historic old house), and Giant Coffee which is just a bit southwest of the Phoenix Art Museum just south of McDowell on 1st St and has a more modern artsy feel.

Lux is further north on Central and is also very good.

Old 12-28-2015, 03:27 PM

299 posts, read 439,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Okay, I misunderstood your original headline: Coffee Lovers | What are the best coffee-shops in Metro-Phoenix? It sounded like you were asking about which coffee shops lovers of coffee get their coffee at.

If you meant which independent coffee shops have the least corporate atmospheres for studying, then by all means, Starbucks is not the best for you. However, and unfortunately, you'd still have to deal with inferior tasting coffees everywhere else.
lol true... I definitely should have added "independent" in there :P

Old 12-28-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
JoBot, Songbird and Lola (all located on/around Roosevelt) are pretty good. I'm partial to Dutch Bros. as well. Keep in mind, though, I am not an avid coffee drinker or aficionado and get chocolate or Irish creme varieties. Regular coffee drinkers I know like all of them as well.
I did really like Lola

Old 12-31-2015, 02:48 PM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
I happen to think Lux on Central is pretty darn good, both drinks and food.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post

I love both of these places !! Great places to go in Gilbert.

Also, I tried Cartel in Old-Town today... it was pretty freaking good! Packed, but good :P

Old 01-01-2016, 05:53 PM

628 posts, read 1,436,247 times
Gold Bar & Cartel in Tempe. Jobot in downtown Phoenix. Lofi in downtown Mesa.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:18 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,500,150 times
Coffee is my strongest weakness and an oxymoron at that, hence my screen name.

For chainstores Dunkin and Starbucks can't be beat but I prefer the small hidden gems like Cartel Coffee Lab in Tempe.

Anything with an alternative vibe is appealing too.

Another place not too far from me is Ground Control, I've been there a couple times and it's not too bad for a stripmall joint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area