Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:59 PM

20 posts, read 21,362 times

Advertisements

Big Cats I understand what you mean. But It seems like your talking about bad neighborhoods only and uneducated people. But Im refering to good neighborhoods and white folks clearly seem like there doing well. How do you explain that one. Im sure there alot smarter than those idiots calling you "Guero"....So either way your analogy its not the greatest im sorry but its not...

Old 02-25-2016, 03:20 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,990,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeniis78 View Post
Big Cats [,] I understand what you mean. But It seems like your talking about bad neighborhoods only [,] and uneducated people. But Im refering to good neighborhoods and white folks clearly seem like there doing well. How do you explain that one.[?] Im sure there alot smarter than those idiots calling you "Guero"....So either way your analogy its not the greatest [.] im sorry [,] but its not...

Anyways...My statement is spot on. You came on here asking why white people are "racist" because they dont smile back and/or give you dirty looks, did you not? Giving a dirty look does not make one racist, nor does it mean they do not like you. Have you ever been in a bad mood and scowled at someone simply because you were pissed off? I have. I get dirty looks from people from all walks of life... family, friends, men, women, blacks, whites, Hispanics, etc. It happens. I think YOUR assumption is way inaccurate, my friend. And offensive to boot! If you yourself personally walked through Paradise Valley today (or Mesa, or Glendale, or Carefree, or Peoria), youre gonna walk out AOK. If I were to walk through the Robert Taylor homes in Chicago, Id most likely get beaten or die. If I were to walk through Juarez at night, Id most likely get beaten or kidnapped. The consequences of simply being white in many areas of the world equals death. I think you get off ok if someone doesnt smile back at you. Id take that over walking through a black neighborhood, getting called racist names and shot at or run out of the neighborhood. Wouldnt you?

As for the bad neighborhoods, I use them as an example because most minority-majority areas are rather run down, and full of bad apples. Thats just the way it is. If I could name a black-majority, nice neighborhood, I would. Same goes for a Hispanic-majority, upscale, educated neighborhood. However, its usually that the black and Hispanic-majority neighborhoods arent overly safe. Its a fact of life. Doesnt mean Im racist or anything (far from it), just stating the obvious. What Im illustrating is that you can walk through a white ghetto in, say, Alabama, and youll most likely get taunted by some folks, but at least you wont get shot at and murdered like I would in a black hood. Dont believe me? There are areas of Detroit and Chicago where white police officers arent advised to go, simply because theyre white. Many years back a white ambulance driver was beaten in a black neighborhood while he was tending to a call, simply because of the color of his skin.

Now, you still wanna complain about not getting a returned smile?

Racism sucks, and needs to end. Period.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:13 PM

Big Cats your right I get what you mean your not just talking about the Ghetto areas ok. But aswell I never said all white people either. Like I said theres some good White people out there aswell. That don't act that way. But I will say half of them do. Just a couple days ago my daughter told me one of her little classmates lives on our block. I said to her "Oh ok honey thats great"...She asked if she could one day have a play date. I said sure Honey. Well me being the friendly guy I see the little girls Mom walk to the mailbbox. As I watched my kids play in the front yard. I took the opportunity to try and say Hello to her. Lol...she never even looked my way. Just looked down and walked. And I know she could hear my kids playing. So has her husband given me a bad look as I tried to say hello as he was driving. Trust me I dont feel bad. The only one I feel bad for is my Daughter. No way That play dates gonna happen. They are from Missouri in there 30s just like my wife and I. See thats the kinda BS that bothers me. Go live in the Country if you dont want folks to be friendly!

Old 02-29-2016, 08:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,777,745 times
I am glad the OP decided to vent...it may result in fewer people flocking here to escape the winters.....

Old 02-29-2016, 09:06 AM

5 posts, read 4,725 times
I just can't wait to get back to Phoenix again. After living my whole life up here (35) I'm ready for something different. With that I have a few questions for those of you who know Phoenix pretty well...

I'd like to check the city out for a while and live inexpensively downtown where I wouldn't need a car yet. I did find a cheap place to stay for a month or two. I did look at the schedules and information for Valley Metro & the buses/rail appear to run a pretty good schedule, however...are there any grocery stores, 7-11's, fast food places within walking distance of downtown? I would be staying right by the Y in downtown Phoenix and that looks pretty nice. I also saw an ad for a really nice health club at Chase Field? Has anyone tried that place out? Are there good places to jog near downtown?

I figure if I go for a month or so I can get a good idea on what it'd be like to live there.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:29 AM

3,411 posts, read 4,662,572 times
So did the original OP move back to Denver?

Old 02-29-2016, 10:03 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,385,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
So did the original OP move back to Denver?
She's a part of the 'One and Done Club', one post and gone forever!

Old 02-29-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I am glad the OP decided to vent...it may result in fewer people flocking here to escape the winters.....
Lol...Honestly I never understood the whole escaping the winters thing. If you dont like the winters where you live why even live there. I definately wouldnt. I dont know its just my opinion.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:18 PM

18 posts, read 15,481 times
Default how is it like living in phoenix az.

you know in the summertime it gets up to 117 is the high and 102 at night in the summertime

Old 03-01-2016, 09:24 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,582,406 times
Out of curiosity, what's the highest price for gas any of you have seen in Phoenix within st 3-5 years?

Regular unleaded was $3.85/ gallon here in LA last March, and is now 2.60 here in LA and $2.15 or so in the IE.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area