Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 09:21 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,589,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Maybe they were just trying to show their black friends they support them. After all, black people use that word all the time, as easily as we say "Hello". If blacks feel this word has no place in our language, then it is them who need to stop using it.

Don
Sorry but NONE of the black people that I know use the N-word....and yes, I'm black.

But people like yourself love to excuse overt racism but scapegoating and victim blaming. The truth is that a lot of whites feel superior to blacks and take pleasure in antics such as these in an attempt to put blacks in their place.

Well this is not 1916, its 2016 and "we" are going to use ALL of our power to teach these racist children that you racist parents have spawned a lesson. "We" have mobilized to strip those racist little white girls of their scholarships and college admissions. And next "we" will handle their parents. Some of you will learn. Again, this is NOT 1916 and you will be held accountable for these racist antics. Black people are CONSTANTLY on the mind of some of you people....CONSTANTLY. Some of you seriously need to learn how to leave black people the "eff" alone.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:23 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,753,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
ok great. I would like every kid who has rap music on their device that they bring to school that uses the word ni^^er to be suspended and have their scholarships pulled. Which means basically no black kids enrolling in college next year.

Fair is fair.
This is a terrible assumption that basically ALL black kids enrolling in college use that word? See my earlier post, youth of all ethnicity use the word.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,100,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but NONE of the black people that I know use the N-word....and yes, I'm black.

But people like yourself love to excuse overt racism but scapegoating and victim blaming. The truth is that a lot of whites feel superior to blacks and take pleasure in antics such as these in an attempt to put blacks in their place.

Well this is not 1916, its 2016 and "we" are going to use ALL of our power to teach these racist children that you racist parents have spawned a lesson. "We" have mobilized to strip those racist little white girls of their scholarships and college admissions. And next "we" will handle their parents. Some of you will learn. Again, this is NOT 1916 and you will be held accountable for these racist antics. Black people are CONSTANTLY on the mind of some of you people....CONSTANTLY. Some of you seriously need to learn how to leave black people the "eff" alone.
Yes, it is 2016. When will some people learn how not to be perpetually offended or see any comment as somehow racist?
Talk about an overreaction!

I think people need to look up the definition of "racist" (a wayyyy over used term) and then do some soul searching to see if they're looking for the worst in all people who are not the same color as they are and thereby seeing a problem when there really isn't one.
Specifically by stating "a lot of whites feel superior to blacks and take pleasure in antics such as these". See the problem? How is this any different than what you're accusing others of?

Or, I guess y'all can just wind up your indignation, start a protest in front of the high school and the girls home, blocking the streets, chaining yourselves together and just creating a ruckus until you get???????
Oh, btw, I hear that word all the time while driving and walking around. I hear it coming out of car stereos and Iphones playing music, I hear it at events where people are playing their own music etc. How about protesting that? I for one would cheer if I saw you walk up to the person driving a car with those lyrics blasting out the window and demand that they turn it off and then see to it that they lost their scholarships and such. Is that gonna happen soon (or ever)?

Old 01-24-2016, 10:25 AM

9,872 posts, read 11,266,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I find that word offensive <bold> and a breach of the separation of church and state not to mention that song is offensive to anyone that doesn't believe in God or isn't Christian. My word, how do you think those poor Muslims feel about being told to sing that song????

Welcome to the land of the perpetually offended.
Actually. There is no such African word as "Kumbaya". It's merely a 1926 USA folk song most recently made popular with Scouts singing while sitting around the campfire. The song more-or-less references getting along. Furthermore "Lord" isn't a dedicated Christian term. Lord has meaning to Jews, and Muslims too. "God" or "Lord" can be the flavor of choice. Even George Costanza and Festivus could reference their Lord. For me, I'm agnostic. I can site the source if you like.

Can we agree if someone wore T-Shirts spelling out a derogatory term and chuckled about Aspergers, you might find that offensive? I'm amazed at how much common sense is lacking in America.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yes, it is 2016. When will some people learn how not to be perpetually offended or see any comment as somehow racist?
Talk about an overreaction!

I think people need to look up the definition of "racist" (a wayyyy over used term) and then do some soul searching to see if they're looking for the worst in all people who are not the same color as they are and thereby seeing a problem when there really isn't one.
Specifically by stating "a lot of whites feel superior to blacks and take pleasure in antics such as these". See the problem? How is this any different than what you're accusing others of?

Or, I guess y'all can just wind up your indignation, start a protest in front of the high school and the girls home, blocking the streets, chaining yourselves together and just creating a ruckus until you get???????
Oh, btw, I hear that word all the time while driving and walking around. I hear it coming out of car stereos and Iphones playing music, I hear it at events where people are playing their own music etc. How about protesting that? I for one would cheer if I saw you walk up to the person driving a car with those lyrics blasting out the window and demand that they turn it off and then see to it that they lost their scholarships and such. Is that gonna happen soon (or ever)?
You do not have the power to tell someone else what they should or should not be offended by.

Again, if I started to refer to your wife, girlfriend, daughter, sister, mother or grandmother as B-words or C-words or referred to them as tramps or sl-ts you WOULD be offended. It does not matter that you are not a woman or the target of those words, YOU WOULD be offended.

But ultimately it does not matter that YOU do not find the N-word offensive....I do. And people like yourself are getting ready to learn a lesson. Those racist girls who are the spawn of racist parents are going to learn a very HARD lesson: the internet NEVER forgets...NEVER.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:50 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,265,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You do not have the power to tell someone else what they should or should not be offended by.

Again, if I started to refer to your wife, girlfriend, daughter, sister, mother or grandmother as B-words or C-words or referred to them as tramps or sl-ts you WOULD be offended. It does not matter that you are not a woman or the target of those words, YOU WOULD be offended.

But ultimately it does not matter that YOU do not find the N-word offensive....I do. And people like yourself are getting ready to learn a lesson. Those racist girls who are the spawn of racist parents are going to learn a very HARD lesson: the internet NEVER forgets...NEVER.
I don't care that you are offended by seeing a picture of a word. You're saying girls should have their education altered, their future college education affected, the rest of their lives earning potential affected because YOU are offended by a picture of a word???

Ridiculous and moronic. When we start publicly punishing people because you are offended we've lost all hope. Hell, lets take them out to the public square and stone them or maybe behead them.

I agree, it was stupid and their parents should deal with them. You being offended is meaningless and should have no bearing in what happens to them.

So let me get this straight...if you took a picture of yourself in a shirt that said "LBTRS mother is a Bit*h or C**t" you should have your life altered, be expelled from school, lose your scholarships, etc. because it offended me??? Those are your feelings, you should not be punished for your feelings or beliefs or expressing them.

I'm offended by the idiocy of the media and public spectacle that has been made of this...should we punish you and the others that have offended me?

Last edited by LBTRS; 01-24-2016 at 11:04 AM..

Old 01-24-2016, 11:06 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,279,276 times
It's just sad and discouraging that high school students would do this in 2016.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:23 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,609,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I don't care that you are offended by seeing a picture of a word. You're saying girls should have their education altered, their future college education affected, the rest of their lives earning potential affected because YOU are offended by a picture of a word???

Ridiculous and moronic. When we start publicly punishing people because you are offended we've lost all hope. Hell, lets take them out to the public square and stone them or maybe behead them.

I agree, it was stupid and their parents should deal with them. You being offended is meaningless and should have no bearing in what happens to them.

So let me get this straight...if you took a picture of yourself in a shirt that said "LBTRS mother is a Bit*h or C**t" you should have your life altered, be expelled from school, lose your scholarships, etc. because it offended me??? Those are your feelings, you should not be punished for your feelings or beliefs or expressing them.

I'm offended by the idiocy of the media and public spectacle that has been made of this...should we punish you and the others that have offended me?

What can we say? social justice warrior mentality is all about doing whatever is takes not to have their egos bruised.
Whatever happened to the old "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me?" Whatever happened to "punishment must fit the crime?" People are calling for a lynch mob. Like I said before, they are much more upset over a picture than they are over the student that was shot and killed senselessly on the corner of McClintock and Broadway. Not only that but if you disagree with these SJWs (or point out anything that doesn't fit in their schema), then they "wish you all the suffering life throws at you".

Old 01-24-2016, 11:36 AM

9,872 posts, read 11,266,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I don't care that you are offended by seeing a picture of a word.
Shame on him for having feelings. I'm glad you put him in his place.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:46 AM

https://www.change.org/p/expel-deser...k-t-shirt-slur

Those girls felt EMPOWERED to treat blacks in any manner that they wished. They feel EMPOWERED that nothing will every happen to them because they have been raised to believe that they are protected by their 'privilege'. However, we will no longer allow this type of overt racism.

Yes, there is freedom of speech. And they have the right to say whatever they want to say. But there ARE consequences. And they are going to learn about those consequences of their actions. So perhaps some of their racist parents should teach them to keep those racist thoughts and actions to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area