Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 02:46 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
I had to chuckle at that line!! I too was surprised at how bad our secondary looked yesterday. My initial concerns going in were containing Cam and giving Palmer enough time to throw. As the game went on I started searching the sides of milk cartons looking for our missing secondary and receiving group on offense. It became evident early on that Carolina was the stronger team. We just got owned. Period.
Any secondary will look bad if you give a QB all day to throw. Cam Newton also made a lot of those plays because of his arm strength and accuracy. He was making throws that literally no other QB could probably make. Those were line drives to the sidelines yet placed with accuracy in spots that only the receiver could make. Cam has always had an arm but didn't have the best accuracy or touch. This season he threw with both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 03:34 PM

233 posts, read 258,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I wonder if we will ever see Daryl Washington again and, if so, if he still has gas in the tank. Man I loved watching him play. Too bad he let all those personal problems wreck what might have been a Hall of Fame career.
He'll never play for the Cardinals again. His suspension remains indefinite.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:09 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,110,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I wonder if we will ever see Daryl Washington again and, if so, if he still has gas in the tank. Man I loved watching him play. Too bad he let all those personal problems wreck what might have been a Hall of Fame career.
I did find out that he was a "no show" at his followup drug testings. That is no different than a failed drug testing. I think we have seen the end of Daryl as a result. They(Cards) paid him a large option payment and he has not played since. I think they are trying to recoup that payment. It is a shame, he came to this team and dominated.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:12 PM

226 posts, read 227,422 times
A big game like that, and the Cards didn't even show up to play. No motivation. No inspiration. Team attitude was like, "ho hum, let's get this over with so we can go to the Super Bowl". Their minds were on the Super Bowl. Too bad they didn't realize, you have to win the NFC Championship to get to the Super Bowl!! As a result, the Panthers torched them.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:10 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Any secondary will look bad if you give a QB all day to throw. Cam Newton also made a lot of those plays because of his arm strength and accuracy. He was making throws that literally no other QB could probably make. Those were line drives to the sidelines yet placed with accuracy in spots that only the receiver could make. Cam has always had an arm but didn't have the best accuracy or touch. This season he threw with both.
That is a valid point and the general manager said that is one of the first things he will address. Cam had enough time to make a smoothie, order Domino's pizza and then throw!
You are also correct about his accuracy and strength. I won't pin the blame solely on Palmer because the entire team, except the rookie Johnson, just didn't rise to the moment. Now they have the off season to contemplate. There are some free agents (Chris Johnson, Freeny) who I don't think we'll see back. The Cards also need to decide what to do with Ellington whose injuries hurt his production.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:02 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,501,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
A big game like that, and the Cards didn't even show up to play. No motivation. No inspiration. Team attitude was like, "ho hum, let's get this over with so we can go to the Super Bowl". Their minds were on the Super Bowl. Too bad they didn't realize, you have to win the NFC Championship to get to the Super Bowl!! As a result, the Panthers torched them.
I noticed that too, they weren't playing with a full deck of cards, pun intended.

Their performance reminded me of how they used to play years ago when the team was one of the most losing in the NFL.

Better luck next season.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:48 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
At least you aren't this guy

Arizona Cardinals fan stands by tattoo despite loss - ABC15 Arizona

Old 01-26-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
I did find out that he was a "no show" at his followup drug testings. That is no different than a failed drug testing. I think we have seen the end of Daryl as a result. They(Cards) paid him a large option payment and he has not played since. I think they are trying to recoup that payment. It is a shame, he came to this team and dominated.
He is done regardless. He hasn't played in 2 seasons so he is not even in football shape. Football isn't the type of sport where you can have a long layoff and be productive especially at linebacker.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
That is a valid point and the general manager said that is one of the first things he will address. Cam had enough time to make a smoothie, order Domino's pizza and then throw!
You are also correct about his accuracy and strength. I won't pin the blame solely on Palmer because the entire team, except the rookie Johnson, just didn't rise to the moment. Now they have the off season to contemplate. There are some free agents (Chris Johnson, Freeny) who I don't think we'll see back. The Cards also need to decide what to do with Ellington whose injuries hurt his production.
What concerns me is the coaches not really taking responsibility. The Seahawks figured out the team and Arians and company didn't really rise to the challenge and address those weaknesses. The playcalling was equally atrocious and didn't really put Carson and the players in a position to succeed.

I think the difference between coaches like Belichick and Arians is Belichick would have learned from the Seattle game and would have had Tom Brady throwing quick outs from the spread at the start of the game.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:02 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,110,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
He is done regardless. He hasn't played in 2 seasons so he is not even in football shape. Football isn't the type of sport where you can have a long layoff and be productive especially at linebacker.
Well, Michael Vick came back...That said, I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area