Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2016, 09:03 AM

195 posts, read 275,309 times

Advertisements

So I want to concrete the driveway to lead around to the side of the house.
The side is currently only a single gate. I want to knock down the wall and put a double-wide RV gate in.

Is this two different contractors, or how can I get this done? What type of contractors would I need for this?

Any ballpark estimated costs for this? The concrete needed isn't a ton, I'd say equivalent to a standard car slab.
Anybody also happen to know a contractor in Gilbert who could get a quote from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 05:00 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
How many sq feet of the slab you should be able to find a guy who can handle the gate. Lots of gate companies here put up gates once you get the wall and slab setup.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:35 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,698,371 times
I did a driveway gate a few years back & knocking out a section of wall, inserting two nice big steel supports for the gate & installing the gates was about $1400 ~ish. We had them use the composite / colored "deck boards" instead of wood, so we didn't have to paint or stain the boards. Just the steel for the posts was around $300, i think the guy who did the gates was a little surprised at that.

We also later did a large concrete slab (like 14 x 34 feet-ish), 4" thick & that was about $2.50 per sq ft, including materials. Fwiw, we also had the concrete guys do a slab for a shed at the same time, i think that was an awesome idea, even if you don't want a shed this instant, having a slab for one to set on is really nice - even the inexpensive plastic sheds are pretty nice if they're on a slab.

I'd personally do two different contractors & do the driveway first to set the grade, then have the gate guys come in with a custom gate. (That way the gate can hang low over the concrete without a large gap there). Just make sure the concrete guys leave about a foot near the wall opening so the gate guys can sink posts for the gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area