Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,598,757 times

Advertisements

It's so miserable hot out.... It's February, this is BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 11:11 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,314,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post

Current temp is 64. If that is miserable hot to you, you might want to consider relocating!

It's February in Phoenix, so not out of the question to get warm.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:26 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
Quote:

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Current temp is 64. If that is miserable hot to you, you might want to consider relocating!

Indeed. It will cool off again in 10 days or so, but if you are miserable now, if I were you I'd look for another climate.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Touche, I meant the highs or at least as soon as it hits 80 and above, today, is miserable. I really don't care for it to be over 70 personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Really?

Indeed. It will cool off again in 10 days or so, but if you are miserable now, if I were you I'd look for another climate.
I'm miserable 10 months a year here... such is life.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:01 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,290,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Where? Snow is below normal on the Salt Verde and about normal on the Colorado. It's about the same as last year, not drought levels but really, really disappointing for those who were looking for a big shot of inflow to help reservoir levels. The accumulation season on the Colorado goes into April, so there is still some hope that an El Nino fueled wet period will develop. But for Arizona watersheds, it looks like we were skunked again.
I completely agree. Doesn't it make you wonder about the mentality of all these sun lovers who complain about wet weather, but love their pools & going to the lakes? Seriously, where do they think the water comes from ... a magical fairy inside the water pipes????

Quote:

High temperatures in the mid to high 80s are very unusual for February. We set a record high the other day, and more record temperatures are in the forecast, so that should be an indication that this not exactly normal. Still, there's nothing we can do about the weather, so we just have to put up with it.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:24 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,162,369 times
Quote:
Agreed, it felt really bad under the sun for extended periods of time. 80 degrees out here feels much different than 80 in California.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Agreed, it felt really bad under the sun for extended periods of time. 80 degrees out here feels much different than 80 in California.
I think I agree with that. I just can't figure out why that is. AZ is even drier and San Diego is at a similar longitude. Why is the sun so much more harsh here on a sunny day?

Old 02-11-2016, 12:35 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,976,131 times
How long have you guys been here? 80 is great weather IMO. Up to 95, then I start b******'

The sun hurts? 80 is even that hot in some of the coldest climates in the country.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,162,369 times
Quote:
I think I agree with that. I just can't figure out why that is. AZ is even drier and San Diego is at a similar longitude. Why is the sun so much more harsh here on a sunny day?
I don't know, I don't get it. I came from SD in 08 and you NEVER get used to this heat.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:50 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
Quote:

Drier air than CA, certainly than the coast, less greenery (sun seems to be bouncing off more hard surfaces here) probably has something to do with it. But anyone who is miserable here with a daytime high of 80's really shouidn't be here. I don't get living somewhere you are "miserable" 10 months out of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area