Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 11:10 AM

16 posts, read 22,750 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm planning to move to Tempe in the near future, and wanted to know if casita or coach house rentals exist in the area? Having lived in New Mexico I know that casitas are common, and having lived in Chicago most of my life, coach houses are common as well. Just wasn't sure about the Phoenix area.

I do much better living in a private space, rather than an apartment complex. I also enjoy living in smaller spaces and have very little belongings. Just looking for something quiet and simple.

Any recommendations? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 11:13 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,310,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R072 View Post
Hello,

I'm planning to move to Tempe in the near future, and wanted to know if casita or coach house rentals exist in the area? Having lived in New Mexico I know that casitas are common, and having lived in Chicago most of my life, coach houses are common as well. Just wasn't sure about the Phoenix area.

I do much better living in a private space, rather than an apartment complex. I also enjoy living in smaller spaces and have very little belongings. Just looking for something quiet and simple.

Any recommendations? Thank you.
They are not common here, no

Old 02-11-2016, 11:16 AM

Oh, too bad. Well, I guess I can look to rent a small house if budget allows, though I'm guessing I will have to be in an apartment complex. I'm sure there are some that will be okay for my lifestyle.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:23 AM

3,826 posts, read 9,520,627 times
But if you are willing to move to central Phoenix our neighborhood seems to have a bunch of these for rent. Check out the Coronado neighborhood near 7th Street and McDowell up to Thomas Road. I have a guest house in the back of my yard, as do about a third of my neighbors.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:25 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,548,799 times
You can flnd smaller houses in some of the older neighborhoods in northwest/west Tempe and in some of the neighborhoods east of Rural Road between Broadway and Southern. If you have to go the apartment route, there are some nice, quiet complexes in south Tempe.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:32 AM

grmi66 and observer53, this is great info, thanks! I'll take a closer look at these areas when I arrive. I'll probably rent for 1 month via airbnb to allow enough time to find something good.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:34 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,310,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
You can flnd smaller houses in some of the older neighborhoods in northwest/west Tempe and in some of the neighborhoods east of Rural Road between Broadway and Southern. If you have to go the apartment route, there are some nice, quiet complexes in south Tempe.
Right, in the historic district area there are a handful.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Right, in the historic district area there are a handful.

I'm not talking about Maple/Ash, if that's what you are thinking of. (although it's a possibility) I'm thinking of all the little block homes west and south of there, and some others south of Broadway.

R072-- central Phoenix, as suggested, is a possibility... you can get to Tempe when you need to on the light rail.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:43 PM

observer53, so look west and south of the Mitchell Park area (though possibilities may exist in MP)? Such as Holdeman, Gililland or Clark Park?

Old 02-11-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R072 View Post
observer53, so look west and south of the Mitchell Park area (though possibilities may exist in MP)? Such as Holdeman, Gililland or Clark Park?

I'll confess, I've lived in Tempe for over 30 years, and I don't think of areas of Tempe in terms of the elementary schools in areas I don't know well, or parks I'm not familiar with, so I can't answer your question for sure without looking those up. You may be correct. In terms of streets, as I said, west of Mill, or east of McClintock, north of Southern. If you put parameters into the home websites, use zips 85281 and 85282, 1500 sq ft and under, and single family home (not townhouse or condo) and see what you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area