Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,773,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
According to CBS-5 TV news this evening, there are over 95,000 homes listed on the market in Maricopa County today.
Anyone contemplating a move here has a huge selection of homes to choose from in any price range and any location.
Below are today's numbers from the SEVRAR MLS system for the Phoenix Metropolitan area.

The Solds occurred during the past 30 days.

Total properties including condo's, town houses, single family homes, apt style, gemini/twin home, mfg/mobile housing, modular/pre-fab, loft style:

56,000 Active
856 Active with contingency, usually contingent on selling a home.
4871 Pending (under contract in escrow but not closed yet)
3000 Sold (escrow closed)

Single Family Homes only: (these are included in the Totals above, so we do not add the two numbers together)

45,985 Active
757 Active with contingency, usually contingent on selling a home.
4117 Pending (under contract in escrow but not closed yet)
2481 Sold (escrow closed)

The Active with contingency means the property is in escrow under contract with a contingency, however, the home is still actively marketed and depending on the contingency, any new offer may only be a back up, or it may be one they can accept contingent on giving the original buyer x days to close escrow or cancel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 AM

421 posts, read 3,222,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
Val Vista Lakes Val Vista Lakes - Your Community for one, is an area where no desert landscape is allowed, so there is green grass all over, and many, many citrus trees. My neighbor has two wonderful orange trees and a lemon tree.

In this area you have no feeling of being in the middle of the desert at all. I think that's what the poster was referring to.
Thanks so much! I had never heard of anything like that before

Old 03-08-2009, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,770 times
As there are many citrus tree there, do you have any problems with scorpions? I saw on one blog that scorpions are attracted to orange groves and can overrun a community.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:32 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SullySully View Post
As there are many citrus tree there, do you have any problems with scorpions? I saw on one blog that scorpions are attracted to orange groves and can overrun a community.
I rented a house in VVL's for awhile and never had any scorpions. I should have waited for the perfect house and purchased in there. I love my house but it's not a community like Val Vista Lakes.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:36 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
There is no such thing as the best all around area in the Phoenix. I know in other cities, it's pretty easy to name an area that pretty much everyone can recognize as being the very best. In Phoenix, there are a lot of really nice neighborhoods that have their own character. For example, my friend in Fountain Hills swears it's by far the best place to live in Phoenix. I know others who will say nothing compares to North Scottsdale. Others will say Paradise Valley is the best. I like Sanctuary in Ahwautukee. Others will say Ocotillo/Sun Lakes. Some will say Val Vista Lakes. Some will say Arrowhead in North Glendale.

The point is there no best all around area. You have to live here and check out places because you will find what is perfect for you.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:26 AM

37 posts, read 169,010 times
North Glendale, Peoria Ave on up to Happy Valley Rd/ 55th AVE to 83rd AVE. Some areas can be a little spotty, but there are very nice neighborhoods within that boundary. Good schools in that area as well.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:37 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
DC Ranch. Are you good enough to get in?

Old 03-09-2009, 06:58 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SullySully View Post
I have two citrus trees and I personally think they are kind of a nuisance. They produce so much fruit that I don't know what to do with it. I give them away as much as possible but I still end up throwing a lot of it away. You also have to pick them off early otherwise you risk getting roof rats.

When we bought our house, the idea of having citrus trees was kind of nice. However, the novelty has worn off and if I could have avoid having them, I would. They require a lot of water. I don't have any problems with scorpions or bugs.

Personally, I prefer desert landscape. Grass grows ridiculously fast in the summer and requires a lot of maintenance and water. My last house had that and it was a royal pain. Now, I have desert landscaping and just tiny patch of grass in the back for the kids and it works out perfectly for us. Furthermore, grass attracts bugs. Sure, like most people, I love the concept of a nice green lush lawn that is soft and bug-free. In reality, that is really hard to acquire and requires a lot of maintenance which is why the only places you witness that on are golf courses or people who are meticulous about their lawn.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,252,641 times
Lots of different older neighborhoods in the city itself are highly appealing: Willo, Encanto, Palmcroft, Arcadia, Biltmore, and Camelback East (to name a few). Of course, there are lots of newer infill projects that were very well developed, such as Kierland. Any areas with lots of greenery, shade, walkable neighborhoods, and taller structures are fine with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area