Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 01:25 PM

6 posts, read 9,628 times

Advertisements

Anthem, Tramonto, Vistancia, Noterra, or Sonoran Foothills for mom with 3 young kids?

I am coming from CA and will be working in PHX downtown. Family is in Sun City area and I will need their assistance with some child care on occasion, so I am limiting my location search. (unless something else is out there?!)

My kids are above average students and love love love their current school. School/social for kids is my top priority in this move. Grades PK-5 is the range I am currently looking at. I will be renting (prefer a house or detached townhome style.)

Vistancia was the only place I checked out prior to reading this site, then Anthem caught my eye. From scouring the forum, there are a few other places (not so far out) that may be similar planned communities. Many of the threads are from 2009-2012. Schools have been built, areas have changed, and areas have developed since then. I am hoping someone can lend a hand with an updated state of the areas mentioned.

Schools are top. (As is a summer program to meet new friends-Anthem seems to have this.) My kids enjoy parks, swimming, tennis and riding bikes. All of the communities seem to have those options. A community fitness center is also a plus, which is missing in Vistancia.

Kids have had to move around for a few years. I want to find a community we can stay in...

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 12:37 AM

140 posts, read 174,311 times
Anthem is great but getting downtown will be a heck of a commute.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:04 AM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
OP all those places you mentioned are great areas, but as said above going downtown from those places will be a heck of a commute.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:15 AM

6 posts, read 9,628 times
Thank you for your responses. I would rather be closer to downtown, but need to be near Sun City for child care. Asking family to drive downtown to help me out would not be fair. I did worse commutes (2 hrs in traffic) in CA. 45 mins is expected (not ideal, but expected.)

Old 03-20-2016, 01:36 AM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Near Sun City then I'd suggest Vistancia, it's much closer to SC than the others on your list.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:45 PM

346 posts, read 549,197 times
Surprise will be a longer commute but you might want to look at Marley Park in Surprise. The original section is home to Marley Park elementary (K-8) which is an A+ rated school with lots of parent involvement. Legacy (a charter school) is located across the way in the other section of Marley Park; its brand new and also very highly rated. This is a master planned community built around neighbourhood parks (that are green year round) so kids are always out playing in the parks or at the community pool so it's easy to make friends. There are also a ton of community events here both neighbourhood based (our neighbourhood just had a block party today with 150+ people attending) and for the development as a whole (next Saturday volunteers will hide 6400 eggs for the MP Easter egg hunt). There are TONS of shopping and dining options minutes away here; Sun City is really close by, too.

We looked at Vistancia, Anthem, Tramonto, etc. when we knew my husband was being transferred here and decided the slightly longer commute to work was worth it to live in Marley Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area