Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 01:50 PM

8,045 posts, read 12,281,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
I think it probably swung some people towards voting for Trump, the same way the '68 riots helped the Silent Majority swing towards Nixon.

Fine job there, Bernie supporters.
That's what I stated before. All the civil disobedience caused by the protesters has a way of swaying the support in the other direction. They hate Trump, but all their hatred & violence is steering support away from their cause & their candidate(s), and in favor of Trump. Not too swift on their part, huh?

Quite frankly, I don't like any of the candidates. I'll probably end up voting for the Libertarian (Johnson) because there's no candidate in either of the two parties whom I support regarding their stance on the issues AND their demeanors/personality/style. Libertarians aren't perfect, but at least they have the right idea (and mean what they say) about reducing the size of gov't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,643,284 times
I cant stand Trump myself or Hillary/Sanders. Gary Johnson is looking like a great alternative in my opinion also.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:15 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,312,051 times
This is all for show. Hillary Clinton is going to win in a landslide in the general election. Nothing was ever going to stop that. Trump will easily win the nomination.

It all comes down to math. You cannot win by alienating minority voters particularly Hispanics. The last Republican to win President (Bush) had over 40% of the Hispanic vote. By comparison, Romney had 20% of the Hispanic vote. Trump will probably have even less. And Black voters are huge Hillary supporters. I wonder how many more Presidential losses it will take before the Republicans finally admit their approach has been wrong to alienate minorities.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:21 PM

445 posts, read 516,290 times
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric Socket.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	167281

Old 03-22-2016, 04:22 PM

604 posts, read 935,449 times
I'm not so sure HRC can win an election. Setting aside the possibility of a federal indictment she has other troubles. There are many democrats who are having trouble supporting another 'old school' candidate. But, being the generous person I am I'm here to help.

1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I votedDemocrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need
to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised
"HOPE AND CHANGE".

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

(copied from DateHookup.com)

Old 03-22-2016, 06:35 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,479,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
That's what I stated before. All the civil disobedience caused by the protesters has a way of swaying the support in the other direction. They hate Trump, but all their hatred & violence is steering support away from their cause & their candidate(s), and in favor of Trump. Not too swift on their part, huh?

Quite frankly, I don't like any of the candidates. I'll probably end up voting for the Libertarian (Johnson) because there's no candidate in either of the two parties whom I support regarding their stance on the issues AND their demeanors/personality/style. Libertarians aren't perfect, but at least they have the right idea (and mean what they say) about reducing the size of gov't.
I've been tempted, but never voted for a 3rd Party candidate in my life. I feel it would be throwing away my vote (just my opinion.)

If in doubt, I would either vote for the candidate I hate least, or pick the newspaper or media outlet with whom I most violently disagree, and vote against the candidate they recommend (Robert Heinlein's suggestion).

Old 03-22-2016, 06:39 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,479,038 times
What's interesting to me is that the Democratic Party spokesmen insist that Hillary is a shoe-in to defeat Trump, that due to his many negatives, he will be the easiest of the 4 remaining Republican candidates to defeat.

If that is the case, why are Democrats protesting and infiltrating Trump's events? If, as Napoleon is alleged to have said, you should never interfere with your opponent when he is making an error, why not just let him hang himself? Why the urgent need to interfere with his rallies?

Unless...

Old 03-22-2016, 07:14 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
I've been tempted, but never voted for a 3rd Party candidate in my life. I feel it would be throwing away my vote (just my opinion.)

If in doubt, I would either vote for the candidate I hate least, or pick the newspaper or media outlet with whom I most violently disagree, and vote against the candidate they recommend (Robert Heinlein's suggestion).
Because Arizona goes R nearly every election, voting R is affirming an inevitability and voting D is a pissing in the wind. Thank you Electoral College.

In a non swing state voting 3rd party actually makes a lot of sense. If they get 5% of the popular vote hey get new funding avenues in the next election. If they break 15% in 3 major polls they debate on stage with the Rs and Ds.

Although this election may end up an anomaly given the race so far, but I generally vote for the highest polling 3rd party for the reasons above. Sometimes that's Green Party, last time it was Gary Johnson.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:58 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,749,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Because Arizona goes R nearly every election, voting R is affirming an inevitability and voting D is a pissing in the wind. Thank you Electoral College.

In a non swing state voting 3rd party actually makes a lot of sense. If they get 5% of the popular vote hey get new funding avenues in the next election. If they break 15% in 3 major polls they debate on stage with the Rs and Ds.

Although this election may end up an anomaly given the race so far, but I generally vote for the highest polling 3rd party for the reasons above. Sometimes that's Green Party, last time it was Gary Johnson.
I more or less agree. I voted for Nader in 2000. If Gore had a chance in Arizona I would have voted for him but he didn't.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:31 AM

13,309 posts, read 7,347,454 times
What if an ambiance was trying to get though with someone who had a stroke or heart attack and these idiots blocked the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XstfPyvTQDo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area