Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 01:27 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times

Advertisements

Protesters try to block access to Trump rally in Arizona, ahead of big primary in border state | Fox News

While I definitely defend the right to free speech, this is going way too far. Blocking a major thoroughfare goes beyond the limits of the First Amendment ... in fact, it's absolutely criminal what these protesters are doing! They're not only blocking people who are going to hear Donald Trump speak, they're impeding the general traffic flow on the only major road in and out of Fountain Hills. Many people use Shea Boulevard to as a route to the Beeline Highway ... but now they have to somehow find an alternate route thanks to these idiots who have nothing better to do with their time. I hope the police arrest every one of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 01:57 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Protesters try to block access to Trump rally in Arizona, ahead of big primary in border state | Fox News

While I definitely defend the right to free speech, this is going way too far. Blocking a major thoroughfare goes beyond the limits of the First Amendment ... in fact, it's absolutely criminal what these protesters are doing! They're not only blocking people who are going to hear Donald Trump speak, they're impeding the general traffic flow on the only major road in and out of Fountain Hills. Many people use Shea Boulevard to as a route to the Beeline Highway ... but now they have to somehow find an alternate route thanks to these idiots who have nothing better to do with their time. I hope the police arrest every one of them!
They did go too far. Don't care that people might have missed Trump since he has no swing voters to persuade (you either voting for him or against him, even in his own party). I do care that they blocked traffic and broke the law. There are better ways to protest.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
They did go too far. Don't care that people might have missed Trump since he has no swing voters to persuade (you either voting for him or against him, even in his own party). I do care that they blocked traffic and broke the law. There are better ways to protest.
I completely agree, and I say this even though I'm not a Trump supporter. I think the guy is an arrogant, narcissistic piece of work, and I can definitely understand the backlash against him in the GOP, as well as the opposition on the other side.

In any case, protesting, if done peacefully and within the law, is not a problem. It becomes a major issue when the people involved are doing things like blocking major thoroughfares or committing violent acts. That's when it becomes criminal! What I want to know is: why haven't the police arrested these protesters & opened up Shea Boulevard? These people were breaking the law, so why wasn't law enforcement enforcing the law?

Old 03-19-2016, 02:15 PM

604 posts, read 934,420 times
Rent-A-Mob active again.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:16 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I completely agree, and I say this even though I'm not a Trump supporter. I think the guy is an arrogant, narcissistic piece of work, and I can definitely understand the backlash against him in the GOP, as well as the opposition on the other side.

In any case, protesting, if done peacefully and within the law, is not a problem. It becomes a major issue when the people involved are doing things like blocking major thoroughfares or committing violent acts. That's when it becomes criminal! What I want to know is: why haven't the police arrested these protesters & opened up Shea Boulevard? These people were breaking the law, so that's why we have law enforcement!
They did arrest them and towed their vehicles

Deputy Enriquez ‎@DeputyEnriquez
MCSO has arrested 3 protesters after they blocked a public roadway on Shea Blvd, a main entry into Fountain Hills.
11:49 AM - 19 Mar 2016 63 63 Retweets 80 80 likes.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:19 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
The Ultimate Mob Mentality . . .

Blatant Ignorance / Stupidity and Arrogance.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:08 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
No matter who one likes/dislikes as a candidate, I believe these people are nothing more than totalitarian/fascists by breaking the law(s). Want to protest? Great! Do it in a law abiding way, not by blocking a public highway and shutting down the rights of others. And I understand some of these groups are "pro illegal" groups, demanding their voice be heard? I'm still trying to process this aspect but moving on.....

I think it's also counterproductive to the cause so congratulations, "protestors", for giving trump even more media coverage and I'm guessing more than a few votes. The "geniuses" truly walk among us!

Old 03-19-2016, 04:01 PM

551 posts, read 693,355 times
Doesn't matter what candidate, no one deserves to have this happen to them. I would be upset to hear this happening to either party.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:22 PM

770 posts, read 837,443 times
The MSM is sure trying to pull this racist angle as hard as they can. I'm not Trump supporter but it's funny seeing how desperate the Big 2 are to derail Trump.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
No matter who one likes/dislikes as a candidate, I believe these people are nothing more than totalitarian/fascists by breaking the law(s). Want to protest? Great! Do it in a law abiding way, not by blocking a public highway and shutting down the rights of others. And I understand some of these groups are "pro illegal" groups, demanding their voice be heard? I'm still trying to process this aspect but moving on.....

I think it's also counterproductive to the cause so congratulations, "protestors", for giving trump even more media coverage and I'm guessing more than a few votes. The "geniuses" truly walk among us!
Very true. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the protests are coming from the Bernie supporters. They remind me somewhat of the counterculture protesters from the 1960s & '70s: always promoting their peace & love ... except when they didn't agree with the other side, they would start riots and resort to violence. Whenever these protesters commit acts which reflect a counterculture movement, all it does is give more support to the other side ... but then, I wouldn't expect them to bright enough to comprehend that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area