Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:40 AM

296 posts, read 366,178 times

Advertisements

With a pooch that I need to desensitize to separation anxiety and with temperatures heating up, I personally need to find options for getting groceries delivered in some cases.

I would appreciate anyone sharing information on delivery services they know, and I'll do the same as I find out options.

Apparently there is a company called Shipt that will deliver in the Phoenix area any items from Fry's.

• Delivery on orders over ($35.00 is free otherwise the delivery cost is $7.00), but you need to subscribe to the service.
  • A trial is free for two weeks, yearly subscriptions are $99 and recurring monthly subscriptions are $14/ month.
  • The cost of groceries are inflated slightly (approx. $5.00 increase / $35.00) to cover more costs. That is approximately a 14% increase on prices.
  • Same day delivery is available Monday-Sunday from 8:00am to 10:00pm and scheduled in one hour windows.
  • You can not order alcohol, prescriptions drugs, propane, or tobacco products or e-cigs through the service.
  • It is suggested that orders are completed on a smart phone app, but a computer can be used.
  • Digital or regular coupons can not be used, but weekly sales are in effect.

I've never used the service so I don't know how good it is.

Last edited by RenW; 03-24-2016 at 03:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 02:56 AM

Safeway provides grocery delivery services in the Phoenix area.
  • A $49.00 minimum purchase is required.
  • The first delivery is free. Aftewards, "Regular home delivery rates in most areas are $9.95 on purchases of $150 or more (excluding applicable tax, delivery fee, fuel surcharge, bottle deposits and bag fees where applicable) and $12.95 on purchases under $150 (excluding applicable tax, delivery fee, fuel surcharge, bottle deposits and bag fees where applicable). A fuel surcharge may apply. The surcharge will be listed on your final receipt and is equal to 10¢ for every 10¢ increase gas prices above $2.75 per gallon. If you qualify for Free Delivery, there is no fuel surcharge."
  • Same day delivery (between 4PM and 10PM) is offered in a one hour window if you shop before 8:30 am.
  • Money can be saved by choosing a "Green" window of 4 hours.
  • Delivery is 7 days a week between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm local time.
  • Digital coupons loaded to your club card are allowed. Sales are also accounted for.
  • " Items such as greeting cards, magazines, books, DVDs and stamps are currently excluded from our online selection."

I can't tell if prices of groceries are inflated from the stores but my assumption is yes.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:17 AM

Walmart has a grocery pick-up service. I had to register to determine the locations to go for pick-up. (Why can't you make that easier, Walmart! ) The interesting thing is that at this time some of the pick-ups are at stores and there are some locations at apartment complexes or office parks (some with limited days and hours). As of right now there are pickup locations in Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Gilbert, Glendale, Peoria, Goodyear, El Mirage, San Tan Valley, and Surprise.
  • Pickup is free and is available in 1 hour time slots.
  • "When you order from Walmart Grocery, you’re guaranteed the same low prices for your items on Walmart Grocery as you would get if you shopped in the store that picks and packs them."
  • Walmart Grocery is open from 7 AM to 11 PM every day.
  • Minimum order total is required but not listed in the FAQ. (My personal minimum for pick-up at a local store was $30.00)
  • There are 2 to 4 hour pick-up windows. When you have to order to get same day delivery is not listed.
  • Orders are completed online.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:52 AM

Apparently there is a more extended delivery service called HelloFresh. It works differently though since they deliver ingredients for 3 to 5 meals a week for specific weekly recipes that can be chosen from.

Prices per week:

3 Classic Meal Box for Two - $69
3 Classic Meal Box for Four - $129
3 Vegetarian Meal Box for Two - $59
3 Vegetarian Meal Box for Four - $109

It is a recurring subscription service, but it can be cancelled at any time. BUT you have to cancel by a certain day/time for the week.

It is expensive but an interesting option for busy people.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:04 AM

Natures Garden Delivered delivers organic fruits and vegetables to most of the Phoenix area. Different areas have different delivery days.

Prices per week:

Tiny - $29.95 (1-2 people)
Small - $36.95 (2-3 people)
Medium - $46.95 (3-4 people)
Large - $56.95 (4+ people)
  • It is a subscription service that can be set up weekly, every other week, or one time.
  • All fruit, all vegetables, both fruit and vegetables, and just "grab and go" fruit can be selected. This can be changed for every shipment.
  • Deliveries are made in the middle of the night between 11:00PM and 7:00AM to your doorstep on your delivery day.
  • Produce preferences can be selected.

Like the others I haven't used this service yet. Any feedback on any would be awesome.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:23 AM

Envoy delivers items from Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

Pricing options:
$10/month with $10 per delivery and 10% markup
Every other week delivery for $45/month up to $300 groceries a month
Every week delivery for $60/month up to $400 groceries a month
  • Pick stores and two hour delivery window.
  • Personal shopping list can be selected and changed up to two hours before delivery window.
  • They attempt to match people with the same delivery person each delivery.
  • No minimums per order but above charges still apply.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:29 AM

Amazon Prime Pantry ships items to this area. Cost is $5.99 per box. Amazon Prime free delivery or 2 day shipping does not apply. All boxes are shipped ground.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:52 AM

2,450 posts, read 2,616,778 times
You've had a busy morning!

Thank you for sharing this info. My neighbor is a shut-in and would benefit from this. She currently has Safeway delivery but doesn't like the high min $ requirement.

On a side note, you might want to get help for your dog.
This place is in Chandler and is called AZ Canine Center. (The URL name is old).
The owner is a certified dog trainer and lives on site. It's a great set up.
A Way To Wag | Tempe Dog Boarding & Training

Last edited by PhureeKeeper; 03-24-2016 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Add correct name of business

Old 03-24-2016, 07:13 AM

4 posts, read 11,438 times
We have shipt here in GA. The customer service has always been amazing if I ever needed anything. For instance someone bought fat free half and half instead of regular. The shoppers are always friendly. You get a picture of your shopper. I have gotten to know a few of our local ones.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:09 AM

6,131 posts, read 8,016,915 times
Safeway offers grocery delivery service also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area