Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 02:09 PM

2,097 posts, read 3,821,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
The Dbacks are renters. They don't own Chase Field, so Maricopa Co. does have some responsible for upkeep, like it or not. Structural and engineering fixes will be needed at some point. To deny that, is naive. To solely blame the Dbacks for this is ridiculous.

They're looking for cosmetic changes which they should pay for themselves. If they can pay Greinke 206.5 million/6 years they can afford to do their own cosmetic updates!

Quote:
The denial is based on their lease agreement, which sets requirements for repairs. The repairs that the Diamondbacks are requesting don’t meet the requirements specified in the lease, with the county asserting that they’re all cosmetic. They include painting, renovations to suites, and a brand new scoreboard.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/di...163024820.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 02:46 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,767,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
[i][color="Blue"]
I am a fan of Baseball, but certainly not the business of Baseball.

$50 tickets to games,
$20 parking,
$10 Beer
$12 Hot dogs
$6.00 Cokes
Please confine your comments to things that you know about.
  • Tickets at Chase Field start at $12
  • You can usually find parking as cheap as $5. You can pay $10 for a spot within 1.5 blocks.
  • You can get a "Value Menu" beer for $4
  • You can get a "Value Menu" hot dog for $2
  • You can get a "Value Menu" Pepsi for $2.50

Old 08-09-2016, 02:58 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,310,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
  • You can usually find parking as cheap as $5. You can pay $10 for a spot within 1.5 blocks.
Haha, cheap seats for $12 and can't see the baseball, where do I sign up?

Old 08-09-2016, 03:12 PM

8,792 posts, read 8,202,362 times
Quote:
I know a lot about baseball in cities in which I have lived.

In my post, I was speaking of MLB in general, not your team in particular. That is why I spoke of "teams" and "stadias" and mentioned Boston and Chicago by reference.

Here are some averages...

http://fortune.com/2016/04/03/mlb-ballparks-tickets/
http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...eball-by-team/

Either way, I will stick to my point... "Baseball" (not at just the Diamondbacks), cost too much these days. And the owners have been making suckers of the fans and taxpayers for too long. Let them pay for their own stadiums.

BTW, you are lucky to get such good prices...

The Cheapest Standing Room Only Tix in Charlotte (Tripple-A) are $13+.
Cheap Seat Tix in Columbia (Single-A) are $10+.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-09-2016 at 03:52 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 04:39 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,351,229 times
Quote:
Please, most people would rather watch it on TV than sit in the nose bleeds and not see anything. Realistically speaking, you will spend $30 per ticket. $5 parking is not realistic. Those are rare and sell out hours before the game. Most parking is $10-$20. Yeah, I can get a value menu beer for $4 but that's one beer. Let's be honest, you're at a baseball game. You're going to drink a couple of beers at least. The point is it adds up. And for most people, they are not going to go out of their way after work to watch a mediocre baseball team and spend a $100 when they can watch it on TV for free and enjoy dinner at home. It's the reality.

If the team were contending, then yeah people are going to make that sacrafice. That doesn't mean Phoenix fans are bad, it means they are wise. Also, this isn't New York City. Of course, youre gonna sell out a Yankees game when you have 20 million more people to draw from in your immediate metropolitan area. People forget that. Phoenix may be the 5th or 6th largest city but it's only the 12th largest metro. Most of the cities that we get compared to in terms of fan attendance have much larger metropolitan areas.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:32 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,767,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Please, most people would rather watch it on TV than sit in the nose bleeds and not see anything. Realistically speaking, you will spend $30 per ticket. $5 parking is not realistic. Those are rare and sell out hours before the game. Most parking is $10-$20. Yeah, I can get a value menu beer for $4 but that's one beer. Let's be honest, you're at a baseball game. You're going to drink a couple of beers at least. The point is it adds up. And for most people, they are not going to go out of their way after work to watch a mediocre baseball team and spend a $100 when they can watch it on TV for free and enjoy dinner at home. It's the reality.

If the team were contending, then yeah people are going to make that sacrafice. That doesn't mean Phoenix fans are bad, it means they are wise. Also, this isn't New York City. Of course, youre gonna sell out a Yankees game when you have 20 million more people to draw from in your immediate metropolitan area. People forget that. Phoenix may be the 5th or 6th largest city but it's only the 12th largest metro. Most of the cities that we get compared to in terms of fan attendance have much larger metropolitan areas.
Don't get me wrong, I would never sit in those seats, I have season tickets behind the Diamondbacks dugout and the $4 beer is small and undrinkable (although I have a friend who swears by the value menu hot dogs), but average prices for concessions at Chase Field are the lowest in MLB. This was a s discussion about Chase Field and the fellow was making uninformed comments that were apparently about MLB in general. As to parking, when I don't take the train, I rarely pay as much as $10. I guess I just know where to park.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:35 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,109,779 times
Quote:
I backup blktptrl. those prices make me LOL. what, is one just gonna sit nosebleeds and drink a beer and hot dog alone for $25???

of course not, youll want to find better valued seats, maybe have a couple tasty beers and some food. take into account if you have a family and youre well past these silly listed prices.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:41 AM

2,747 posts, read 3,327,882 times
http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2016/0...adium-upgrade/

Old 08-10-2016, 12:14 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,152,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
I backup blktptrl. those prices make me LOL. what, is one just gonna sit nosebleeds and drink a beer and hot dog alone for $25???

of course not, youll want to find better valued seats, maybe have a couple tasty beers and some food. take into account if you have a family and youre well past these silly listed prices.
Chase is well known for being one of the cheapest ballparks in MLB to visit

https://www.gobankingrates.com/perso...baseball-game/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area