Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 04:51 PM

11 posts, read 13,787 times

Advertisements

I forgot to mention I have an electric car so need either a house with garage or a charging station. That probably leaves most the high rises out..

As for being here in the summer. I won't be around much. Spend my summers in Chicago.

edit: Does anyone know the name of the condominium complex by Fashion Square you guys keep mentioning?

Oh and I definitely have job responsibilities, just don't have enough to commute for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 05:31 PM

346 posts, read 339,575 times
so you are buying in the 750k to 1 mill range and you dont want to put in a charging station for your Tesla .... interesting. Suggestion ... get something that you can imagine selling relatively easy in 3 to 5 years.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarksn9 View Post
so you are buying in the 750k to 1 mill range and you dont want to put in a charging station for your Tesla .... interesting. Suggestion ... get something that you can imagine selling relatively easy in 3 to 5 years.
I don't mind paying for a NEMA 14-50 outlet (which is like 500-1k) but I'm assuming a charging station in a condo complex would be like 10-20k. Ya, I'm not interested in doing that. Thanks for the troll though.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:48 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,949,183 times
Camelview Optima is the name of the big, nice place just north of downtown Scottsdale. They're at Rancho Vista and Scottsdale road, just north of the mall.

If you're looking to go the condo route, I think some of them are for sale. There's one big parking garage, and I believe it has a few EV spaces as well.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:07 PM

cool, thx Cab

Old 06-11-2016, 07:56 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,656,451 times
I think they're called Scottsdale Waterfront Condos.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:19 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,421,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambletrade View Post
Hi

I'm moving to the Phoenix area in August. I am a 34 year old, straight single male. I am social and like going out on weekends, but my party days are long behind me. I like living in areas that are more heavily populated with people similar to myself.

I'm looking for suggestions on what part of Phoenix I should be looking in. I've had some suggestions from friends, but it's always good to get multiple opinions. Btw, I prefer contemporary architecture, and will be looking for a property that is unique. Any help would be appreciated!
Whatever you do LIVE BELOW YOUR MEANS! Best advice you'll ever get.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:39 PM

640 posts, read 958,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambletrade View Post
I forgot to mention I have an electric car so need either a house with garage or a charging station. That probably leaves most the high rises out..

As for being here in the summer. I won't be around much. Spend my summers in Chicago.

edit: Does anyone know the name of the condominium complex by Fashion Square you guys keep mentioning?

Oh and I definitely have job responsibilities, just don't have enough to commute for them.
Not sure if any of the places have electric charging ststions, but I would imagine they do. Tesla has a showroom at Fashion Square so they might be helpful as well. In terms of the places, look at the Optima buildings.

Design | Optima Camelview Village
Scottsdale Luxury Apartments | Optima Sonoran Village

Or look at the Scottsdale Waterfront condos. Not sure if they have an official site but this will help: https://www.scottsdalecondomania.com...WATERFRONT.php

Good luck. You will love living in that area.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:23 AM

720 posts, read 735,475 times
The SAGE on the canal in S. Scottsdale is nice. They're building a new Optima Kierland - Kierland is also a great place for you to check out. Also there are others with private garages. Can't provide links here so I will send you a PM.

Old 06-12-2016, 06:23 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phx1205 View Post
A 34 year old single guy doesn't want to live in PV.

OP, not sure if you are looking for a condo or house but I think your best bet is going to be the high rise condos near Fashion Square.
Who moves to Arizona to live in a high rise? When I was 25 I wanted to get the away from people have private space where I can park my car in my own garage, and have my own backyard pool party's not some community pool yuck with a bunch of little kids swimming around it in. I'm still like that today I have 5 cars and a big garage to park my toy hauler, and boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area