U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:30 AM

4,552 posts, read 14,472,739 times

Advertisements

What are some safe descent reasonbly priced hotels in downtown Phoenix,I am thinking about staying at the Wyndom but if I can find something a little cheaper that would be great.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 06:39 PM

3,806 posts, read 11,399,167 times
There are really only 3 hotels in downtown Phoenix, the Wyndam, Hyatt and San Carlos. There are a few other in Midtown and surrounding downtown but if you need to be in the core of downtown, those three are your choices.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:06 PM

1,123 posts, read 2,886,204 times
I would suggest going to Hotwire.com: Discount airfare, hotel reservations, car rentals, vacation packages and cruises to search for a hotel. It will give you basic information about the area and the amenities...but, I've ALWAYS been pleased with the results and the price.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:12 PM

919 posts, read 3,263,910 times
If you don't need to be in the middle of downtown, check out the Clarendon - just a short hop north. It's locally owned & retro cool. Keep in mind, however, that this is peak season for hotel prices here... spring training, etc.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:58 PM

Thanks for the info,I was thinking that how big Phoenix is there should be alot more hotels in the downtown area,I did search online but only found the ones that were already mentioned in here.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:07 AM

9,092 posts, read 18,289,897 times
downtown really isn't an "it" place to be - really it's a small business district with some arts scene - ASU just opened some facilities there, but for the most part it's really quiet on nights & weekends

as such with the amount of lands and amount of resorts (as opposed to traditional city hotels) things get spaced out - you can find more traditional hotels in clusters in the surrounding areas - especially as there are jobs there

what is the reason for coming into town and what are you looking to do? - that would probably help with the hotel search

i've had family stay and the wydham downtown and they said it was really nice and i've had drinks at the compass @ hyatt after a show and it seemed like a decent property

Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,914 times
Springhill Suites by Marriott...8th St. and Van Buren.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:59 AM

5,610 posts, read 22,421,002 times
I feel sorry for anybody who comes into town for business and has to stay at a hotel in downtown Phoenix, especially if they're trapped there without a car. Talk about setting up visitors for disappointment! There are so many better places to stay in the metro area, and cheaper too! Are you renting a car, desert sun? If so, and if you still want to be centrally located, there are a bunch of decent hotels/motels in the airport corridor (44th st in PHX, 48th, 52nd st in Tempe for example). From past experience, I've found that Holiday Inn Expresses are usually pretty good, pretty clean, reasonably priced, and offers more bang for the buck. Unfortunately, this time of year the hotel rates are high everywhere in Phoenix.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I feel sorry for anybody who comes into town for business and has to stay at a hotel in downtown Phoenix, especially if they're trapped there without a car. Talk about setting up visitors for disappointment! There are so many better places to stay in the metro area, and cheaper too! Are you renting a car, desert sun? If so, and if you still want to be centrally located, there are a bunch of decent hotels/motels in the airport corridor (44th st in PHX, 48th, 52nd st in Tempe for example). From past experience, I've found that Holiday Inn Expresses are usually pretty good, pretty clean, reasonably priced, and offers more bang for the buck. Unfortunately, this time of year the hotel rates are high everywhere in Phoenix.
Im going to Phoenix for a concert and a ballgame,the concert is at the pavilion near Tolleson,Is this a good distance from downtown? I will be renting a car also.What would you do in my situation and where would you stay.I thought staying in downtown might be more convienent.I found a hotel a mile from the pavilion but it was outrageously priced.I

Old 02-18-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Im going to Phoenix for a concert and a ballgame,the concert is at the pavilion near Tolleson,Is this a good distance from downtown? I will be renting a car also.What would you do in my situation and where would you stay.I thought staying in downtown might be more convienent.I found a hotel a mile from the pavilion but it was outrageously priced.I will be trapped without a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area