Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 10:42 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,487,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Of course these protesters here and across the country don't realize that they are setting back their cause(s) by a 100+ years with all this negative protesting. Respect has dropped for them also. If they'd put the same amount of effort into positive things to make black lives better then they would earn some respect by everyone.
Agree. I think a great place to start would be for them to make a big push to address/highlight all the violence/homicides of black on black crime in cities like Phoenix/inner cities like Chicago. That's where by far the vast majority of black deaths/homicides occur, not death by police.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:21 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,329,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Agree. I think a great place to start would be for them to make a big push to address/highlight all the violence/homicides of black on black crime in cities like Phoenix/inner cities like Chicago. That's where by far the vast majority of black deaths/homicides occur, not death by police.
I see both sides. I think the BLM movement can be offensive. I saw how some of the member protested in Phoenix. They were cursing and flipping off police officers. That disrespect is both offensive and counterproductive. That sets back the movement. At the same time, I think this movement will be positive and force police departments to address racial sensitivity and their approach to these issues.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:52 AM

1,932 posts, read 2,479,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
No one's saying ONLY black lives matter. Your point?
He has no point, it's pretty clear what his agenda is. Thank you for your logic. It's threads like this that give AZ a bad rep on this forum... I agree with you, just as when people say "BLM", When people say "protect the rainforest" they aren't saying screw every other type of forest.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:04 AM

13,399 posts, read 7,407,148 times
I was working downtown that night at around 11 pm took Central north and saw a lot of gangster looking guys driving away with their loud ghetto stereo some were smoking dope at a stop light and drinking 40oz in paper bags while driving. I had been working all week downtown noticed the people driving away were a rough crowd. I had no idea it was a protest until I got home. Driving a company vehicle not able to carry so I should have taken I-17 that night.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:25 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,906,632 times
This thread, even with pruning, can't stay on topic to PHX and is being closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: