Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 9,417 times

Advertisements

For all you visitors out there as well as locals these are my pics for the best Mexican Food in all of Phoenix. There are a few others but these are sure things that are a must try. I have lived here for 20 years and always hunt out the best food establishments. Mexican is my favorite. Feel free to add to the list.

*Carolina's on Mojave (best tortillas by far)

***Over all great Mexican food-Rosita's Place on 23rd Street and McDowell

**Best Hot and Spicy-Los Dos Molinos on Central and Dobbins

***Best Tacos and Fresh Salsas-Juan Jaime's Tacos and Tequila Chandler Blvd East of the 101 by the Chandler Mall.

These are all must try places and you won't be disapointed in any of them. Well maybe the neighborhood and atmosphere at Carolinas might scare you but beyond that they are all winners. Oh yeah Tee Pee Tap Room on Indian School is also one of my favorites.

None of these are chains and are all the Real Deal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 04:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Started YEARS ago, and very family operated, is SomeBurros! Not big - and they are in the East Valley

Old 02-22-2008, 08:27 AM

84 posts, read 364,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
SomeBurros!
Yes! I eat there often. Underrated because of not much atmosphere, but good, honest fare.

I also like Los Dos Molinos on South Central Avenue. Hatch, New Mexico hot. The original restaurant is in Springerville; still family run. If you ever get up that way it's worth the stop. Best salsa fresca I've yet to eat.

The Serrano's chain has some nice surprises too.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,224 times
Pedro's Mexican Restaurant at 4938 W. Glendale avenue in Glendale, AZ.
Best shredded beef tacos and green corn tamales!
Yum, Yum!

Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 PM

271 posts, read 839,008 times
Best tortas (I also like the seafood and quesadillas) are at Los Reyes de la Torta. This my favorite Mexican restaurant. Love the agua frescas too (favorite is watermelon). Two locations: 9230 N 7th St, and one on 4333 West Indian School.

Pics:
Beef milanesa torta - Photo Gallery - CHOW

Shrimp Qu4sadila - Photo Gallery - CHOW

Old 09-23-2010, 03:34 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Hungry Juan View Post
Pedro's Mexican Restaurant at 4938 W. Glendale avenue in Glendale, AZ.
Best shredded beef tacos and green corn tamales!
Yum, Yum!
I'll second that. Great corn tamales! Best I've ever had.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:47 PM

687 posts, read 1,945,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I'll second that. Great corn tamales! Best I've ever had.
Let me third the recommendation - Pedro's is really good.

I'll also add El Nopalito (24th St/Thomas) to this list - it's my favorite Mexican spot in town right now. Their Tortas, while not as varied, easily rival Los Reyes in quality. Great Al Pastor, too.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:54 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,391,608 times
I just added El Nopalito, Pedros, and Los Reyes to my list to try.

My pick to add to the list is El Bravo, 7th Street/Butler. If you have some time to blow over lunch, check them out. Their food delivery is a little slow, but worth the wait. Try the chocolate chimi for dessert.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,889,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Let me third the recommendation - Pedro's is really good.

I'll also add El Nopalito (24th St/Thomas) to this list - it's my favorite Mexican spot in town right now. Their Tortas, while not as varied, easily rival Los Reyes in quality. Great Al Pastor, too.
El Nopalito is my new favorite cheap place. I actually ate there for lunch today. Tacos are a dollar and great to mix and match. I had Mole Poblano Chicken and it was awesome. Like Mexican curry.

Barrio Cafe I just tried recently and loved. I had their signature Cochinita Pibil . It was 12 hour slow seasoned roasted pork with a southern Mexican sauce that was a slightly sour, citric salsa that was different than the usual salsa. The place was awesome, but expensive. Also, it has the coolest bathroom I've ever seen. Best horchata I've ever had too.

Full disclosure; my wife ordered some kind of chicken and crab torta and it was awful. The waiter was really cool about it and took it off the bill.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:38 PM

21 posts, read 101,368 times
We just tried Nando's on McDowell in Mesa for the first time and were pleasantly surprised, being from Southern California originally and being Mexican we are really picky when it comes to Mexican food and only went to Nando's because some new friends invited us. However the flavors are pretty authentic and the portions are huge oh ya and the Margarita's are GREAT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area