Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:47 PM

189 posts, read 231,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala1908 View Post
The holiday inn currently located on Fillmore is going to be closed down. And I assume the property will be rolled into this plan.
where did you read this? If so, that is great news. I know they're building a new property on Van Buren but hadn't heard this location was closing. That hotel is so out of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 04:58 PM

394 posts, read 343,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Those are two places I would not have chose to define the idea of culture and intellect

Unless you were being facetious - then my apologies
I agree with you... But maybe he (or she) is just trying to weed out the bad ones - with such a suggestion

Old 10-21-2016, 05:12 PM

61 posts, read 46,082 times
It is less out of place than the proposed location.
Currently the building has been denied because it is too tall and too "bland". The people want more than a square building setback from the road with a large parking lot in front. As it is to be located on the park. They would like the hotel to be against the street. With parking in the rear. Hidden from view. I completely agree with this and also disagree with it being built in its current design. Height doesn't matter, but ugliness does. And the family who is pitching the hotel is not from this area and has no interest in what the community has to say, as I've seen.

I learned this information from the city planning meetings .

Old 10-21-2016, 05:23 PM

94 posts, read 119,928 times
It is simply a part of what we started in the 1990's. Back then there were nothing but prostitutes and drug dealers...then we started the "House Studios" and it sort of took off from there. The House Studio artists all left Arizona a long time ago but they set it in motion- you can be sure that this area is not of much interest to those who started it or anyone who thinks like them. I would attribute Roosevelt to the artist and visionary named Robert Anderson. He is the one took this area and turned it around. Give credit where credit is due.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:39 PM

this may give you an idea of how Roosevelt started Unsolicited Opinion: A Long Story About a Grand Adventure in Phoenix, Arizona

Old 10-21-2016, 07:44 PM

this is the actual fire that ended the House Studios in 2009. That was more or less the official end of Roosevelt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCcPGG7TY6o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: