Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 10:32 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,751,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
I want it to be normal in the 80's and feel like the fall not still pushing 100 at the end of October. Like I said in the OP when I was a kid in the 80's you could see your breath while trick ot treating none of this 90's BS. Bring on the fall already this is normally the best time of the year.

Okay, since you asked nicely we'll go ahead and lower the temps for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 09:04 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,327,594 times
Yes, it warm and I understand the desire for cooler weather. That being said, I am extremely grateful for our weather. I think Arizonans are extremely spoiled and are unaware what it is like to live in a place with inclement weather. I guarantee the residents in Florida and the Carolinas would love to have our warmer weather instead of a very real risk of a hurricaine coming and possibly killing hundreds of people and causing millions in property damage. Warmer weather didn't close down Disneyworld the way that hurricaine risk did. Personally, I love our weather right now. It feels great.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:43 AM

926 posts, read 756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Yes, it warm and I understand the desire for cooler weather. That being said, I am extremely grateful for our weather. I think Arizonans are extremely spoiled and are unaware what it is like to live in a place with inclement weather. I guarantee the residents in Florida and the Carolinas would love to have our warmer weather instead of a very real risk of a hurricaine coming and possibly killing hundreds of people and causing millions in property damage. Warmer weather didn't close down Disneyworld the way that hurricaine risk did. Personally, I love our weather right now. It feels great.
I'll agree with some of that.....I do appreciate not having to worry about things such as hurricanes or tornadoes here. But at the same time, I'm not a fan of the "warmer than normal" temps.....to me, there's a point where that is NOT a good/positive thing to be happening.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 AM

277 posts, read 277,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Once November 1st hits, weather looks like it will be perfect!

Even Denver will be in the mid 80's Friday

The entire Southern US will be flirting with 90s for Halloween - Even St Louis will be in the Mid 80s Monday...

I think this was all predicted - something with the El Nino in the spring would cause a warm start to winter.
If you look up on the weather channel there is some kind of national heat wave effecting most of the US its warm everywhere.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:42 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,740,794 times
Get ready, supposed to be near 100 degrees today!

Old 10-27-2016, 02:09 PM

31 posts, read 30,251 times
Looking at the bright side, this is much better than summer. It gets somewhat uncomfortably hot for only a few hours during the day. For most of the day, it is very comfortable and pleasant.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:52 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,028,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Get ready, supposed to be near 100 degrees today!
And humid to boot. I was dripping sweat in the garage today. I guess we're eventually headed towards year-round monsoon season in Phoenix. Maybe it's the rising sea, increased water vapor on a global scale.

But as long as they keep that nuclear power plant cranking I'm fine, because my AC has got to keep running.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:30 PM

772 posts, read 840,178 times
There isn't a bright side to losing fall 99 today is not a good thing and if this is the new norm that ****ing sucks. Unfortunately a lot of this is due to the urban heat island effect and thanks to all the transplants in the exurbs for this.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:43 PM

11 posts, read 12,653 times
A recent article posted appears quite aligned with your observation OP. It seems we have been going through quite a trend as the years have progressed here in the valley.

You're not crazy, it IS crazy hot in Phoenix

Old 10-27-2016, 03:51 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,983,464 times
People, relax. Yes, its warm. No, its not uncommon. No, its not "global warming". Its absolutely natural for temps to rise and fall. I bet back in 1980 when we hit 107 degrees on this date, no one was thinking "omg, this is the new norm!" In fact, in the late 1970's scientists were predicting a "global ice age" back then. hahahaha Yes, Im being serious. Ice cores at the poles indicate the earth goes through many warm up and cool down cycles. Calm your horses, folks.

Meanwhile, the ice caps at the poles are growing, despite all the crap you hear about them melting at alarming rates. Al Gore said they'd be gone by 2016 and much of the coastal communities would be underwater.

107 degrees in 1980:
Intellicast - Phoenix Historic Weather Averages in Arizona (85004)

NASA's latest ice cap report:
NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses | NASA

Newsweek's impending doom ice age prediction! Oh noes!
Newsweek on the cooling world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area