U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 05:48 PM

8 posts, read 17,072 times

Advertisements

I am graduating college and might have an opportunity to move to Pheonix. I am single and wanting any opinions on my possible move.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 AM

180 posts, read 627,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocating22 View Post
I am graduating college and might have an opportunity to move to Pheonix. I am single and wanting any opinions on my possible move.

Phoenix is great for a young single person. However you have not given enough information to determine if the move is right for you. I moved here after college and loved it. I did grow up here, but by the time I came back I moved to a different part of the city and lost all ties to my high school friends so it was pretty much like starting over. Around the Tempe are is great for recient grads. Close to ASU for lots of young activities. I spent alot of time hanging out with other recient grad friends on Mill Ave.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:37 PM

10 posts, read 12,984 times
Also consider Scottsdale for a place to live. Lots of great condos, small houses and you are close to some of the best places to hang in the city.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:27 PM

8 posts, read 17,072 times
Thanks. For JoePAz, the move might be great for me because of the amount of money that I could be making within the next couple of years. However, I want to be happy where I am. I'm single and like to go out and have drinks. I usually do not have much trouble meeting people, however, I've never moved somewhere that I do not know a soul.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:34 PM

371 posts, read 961,014 times
Well, other than learning to spell it right...the Phoenix area used to be a great place for young college grads to start work and buy a nice shack...now most college grads will struggle to buy something decent and rents in nice apartments are pricey...especially in a service industry dominated economy...good luck.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:39 PM

510 posts, read 1,397,943 times
Lightbulb Ideas

Well, you didn't really say how SOON you might move, so I will just assume a few months or more.

This is what I would do:

1.) If you have never been to Phoenix, you should go in the summer, so you KNOW that you would enjoy living in the desert. I live in MI and I LOVE the summer in AZ, but it is NOT for everybody.

2.) If you don't know anyone there, try to change that. What kinds of interests do you have? Whether it be in your new profession, a hobby, a sport...whatever, I'm sure you could find a local group that has a website and begin conversing with members online. And if they have any meetings or a place they hang out, try and plan your trip around that and stop by and say hello. (I know a man who met his wife online before relocating to NY. He was asking for recomendations for a good veterinarian in his new city. They both had the same breed of dog and chatted for a few months and then they met at a cafe...with both their dogs...when he moved. Now they are married!)

3.) LOTS of people like you are moving to AZ, in fact, I am not sure where you live right NOW, but I would bet that if you went to the board from that city and post a "Anybody else thinking of moving to Phoenix?" thread, you might get some responses from people who live by you right now, wanting to move to AZ, but not knowing anyone. Just think, they might even be really hot! lol! I'm just saying.

Good luck!!

Last edited by Sunvixen; 02-26-2008 at 11:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>