Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:36 AM

371 posts, read 1,008,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
How's the water in Chicago these days? Frozen solid? We ate lunch at the development this weekend. Very nice, sitting outside with 70 degrees under a blue sky.

And is canal development really earth shattering news? Maybe the reporter should travel more to any of the hundreds of cities who've developed canals into something a bit more interesting. Just don't ask for the paper to pick up the tab - as most are in huge trouble from not knowing how to redevelop and market themselves. But hey, they are the experts, right?
LOL

Well, glad you enjoyed it because you only have another few weeks before sitting out there will be miserable for a good portion of the day until November...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 AM

172 posts, read 252,296 times
I find obsessive long distance Phoenix bashing much more sad than the Scottsdale waterfront project.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick754 View Post
I find obsessive long distance Phoenix bashing much more sad than the Scottsdale waterfront project.
I have homes in both places...so ?

Lighten up...it is nice but weird how 'obsessive' people are with water in the frickin desert...that is the truly bigger issue...not the canal so much as all the water that is being wasted on keeping unnatural greenage alive, fountains full, private pools, etc.

Most people that live in the Valley are VERY ignorant on water issues...Northern AZ which gets 10 times the rain is WAY more cognizant of the issues.

The Phoenix obsession with what they don't have is going to have dire consequences within a decade.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM

264 posts, read 1,085,655 times
How is that sad?

Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM

338 posts, read 1,624,287 times
It sure beats worshipping a moldy sandwich that someone thought had the virgin mary or jesus on it or something ridiculous like that. Let them worship a canal. SO WHAT!?

Old 02-26-2008, 03:04 PM

39,074 posts, read 51,199,205 times
I just got back from OK City. They have an area called "Bricktown" with a canal about 20 feet wide studded with bars and eateries. It's a point of local pride and it looks very nice. Someone else also pointed out San Antonio's riverwalk area. A water feature always adds to the attraction of a place whether it is in the desert or not. These trolling Phoenix bashers are a real pain in the a...

Old 02-26-2008, 04:50 PM

919 posts, read 3,394,539 times
Default Bring on Summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochitown View Post
LOL

Well, glad you enjoyed it because you only have another few weeks before sitting out there will be miserable for a good portion of the day until November...
If you consider several months of pool parties with scantly clad fun folks as being "miserable" then sorry for you. Some of us like the heat - it makes a cold beer on a summer's night taste that much better.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:00 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,066,110 times
I dont think it looks sad, it looks pretty nice actually. And I agree with joninaz, some of us like the heat. I prefer it over freezing cold winters any day.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I just got back from OK City. They have an area called "Bricktown" with a canal about 20 feet wide studded with bars and eateries. It's a point of local pride and it looks very nice. Someone else also pointed out San Antonio's riverwalk area. A water feature always adds to the attraction of a place whether it is in the desert or not. These trolling Phoenix bashers are a real pain in the a...
Not trolling...18 years of living in that desert dead hell gives me the right to voice my opinion...whether you like it or not...anybody that reads is going to form their own opinion...if all that was here were people with blinders on like yourself that wouldn't be a true education.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
If you consider several months of pool parties with scantly clad fun folks as being "miserable" then sorry for you. Some of us like the heat - it makes a cold beer on a summer's night taste that much better.
Yeah, well I got tired of pitching dry ice blocks into my pool to keep the temp close to something that was close to being refreshing...to each his own...you have your opinion and I have mine...plus I have two mortgage free pads in different locations...so I can get the truly perfect weather of Northern AZ and also enjoy the unmatched city and diverse economy of Chicago...I don't have to fool myself for 8 months of hell every year by just living here anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area