Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 10:51 AM

9 posts, read 13,805 times

Advertisements

Thank you in advance for any information or input you can share!

Our family of 5 is buying property in Buckeye, we are hoping to have the lot purchased very soon, it is located north of I10 in an area of bigger lots( not a planned community). The lot is on West Belleview which is west of Sun Valley Prkwy if that helps give a better idea of location. We are looking for any insight into the area, would you say that's a good neighborhood? My husband will be working in Goodyear so we know travel time shouldn't be too bad. I've read other posts/ threads about Buckeye on this site and have seen mentioned that it is in the middle of nowhere, not a problem as we are looking for space, but was wondering what that meant as far as things like cable/Dish or Internet? We have AT&T service currently for our cells, anyone know what cell service is like in that area?
Also I've seen mentioned that there are large Dairy's in Buckeye and that some areas can have an overwhelming manure smell. What else am I missing? Anything we need to know before we sign papers??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 11:45 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,377,229 times
Hi there. Have you visited the lot you're planning to buy or is this sight unseen? Your answer kind of affects the sort of information I might give.

Freeway access is easy, it's low desert so not much in the way of trees or plants, just desert/scrub.

You might have nice neighbors, no neighbors, or someone who has a lot with homes, outbuildings, etc. Is it in the city limits? That gives you some sort of code enforcement / city resources, which would be good as it somewhat reduces the odds of living next to a hoarder or collector of non-running vehicles and machinery.

Most of the dairies and agriculture are south of the freeway except for the dairy in Tonopah area (387th Ave).

If you're in the lots just immediately west of Sun Valley Pkwy, you'll have pretty close access to schools, what shopping there is in Buckeye, etc. Seems like a reasonable enough location for semi-rural, low-desert living, and there are lots and lots of lots available of this type all over the area.

Old 11-17-2016, 05:54 PM

1,112 posts, read 4,012,360 times
Number one thing to know about most of the lots in that area: You have a Buckeye mailing address but you're not actually IN Buckeye - you're a resident of Unincorporated Maricopa County - this comes with a lack of City services, and dealing with the County for permits/septic/etc. The area is part of Buckeye's planning area, and will eventually be annexed - though that's a long ways off

Old 12-01-2016, 11:56 AM

9 posts, read 13,805 times
Thanks for the information!

We are on an acre lot, and it looks like all the properties in the neighborhood are similar size. We have not been to the lot ourselves but sent a close ( and picky) friend out to investigate for us before we purchased. He really liked the area, and said he might look for property there also, so I guess that's the best you can hope for.

I'm not sure if it's in city limits or not. I'm guessing it probably isn't though, it looks like a major cross street would be N. Johnson Rd. Looking at an area map it looks like we are south of Tartesso.

Since my original message we have purchased the property and are waiting to close. So we can start on the house.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:00 AM

3 posts, read 4,092 times
My parents lived near there, but a bit further in Sun City Festival Buckeye. They got tired of driving so much to get anywhere that they sold their house. The area of Tartesso in general is not that close to shopping or restaurants, and you will have to take the freeway to get to any of them. The drive is easy, but can get tedious, and it can get backed up with semi-trucks. The area is very desert-y and there are hundreds of new homes planned for that stretch you are referring to. The economy picked up enough to start developing there again. Hopefully that will at least bring a grocery store nearby. Picky friend or not, you might not like the area as much as they do. It's risky buying a lot sight unseen, not knowing how you will feel about it until you get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area