Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 08:34 AM

2,300 posts, read 3,117,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I lived out east for 35 years of my life. The humidity isn't bad all the time, and even then, its more tolerable than 115 degrees. Argue all you want, but it is. On the most humid and horrible of days, I would ride 35+ miles on my bike. Here that's virtually impossible on our hottest days. Ever tried to ride in 112 degree heat? I used to be stupid and attempt it, now it just wont. Its not worth the pain! Yes summers out east can get quite sticky at times. And although you might feel a bit sticky, you could be outside in the sun for 12 hours w/o any issue (as long as sunscreen was on). Try doing that in June in PHX! That's just not happenin, unless you're in the shade all day, sitting still, with 8 gallons of water nearby. Now the Southeastern USA is another story, Ill agree. I did a summer in TN... never again. BLECH The Midwest summers are infinitely more tolerable than southern summers. I truly believe places like New Orleans have the worst summer weather in the USA.
I wasn't comparing our summers to southern summers, really. I was more making a comparison as to how many nearly ideally perfect days we have in any given year compared to other places around the country, which I'll still stand behind that we have more than almost anywhere else (aside from parts of California, Hawaii, and maybe Key West).

Old 12-13-2016, 08:48 AM

4,619 posts, read 9,319,597 times
Quote:
Here's the thing... its hits mid 90's in Chicago maybe once a year. Many times not once at all! It averages 75-83 in the summer. So while you can feel the humidity, the cooler temps aren't bad really. Some days its oppressive, but its punctuated by days and days of cooler, drier air. Im talkin 80 degrees with 40 percent humidity and lower at times, coupled with much lower dewpoints. Trust me, I prefer dry air to humid, but you guys act like out East its the Amazon rainforest or something. lol
Sounds like maybe you should move to Chicago, although I have met MANY people here from Chicago and none of them desire to return. I never mentioned Chicago once, I don't care about Chicago, seems to be a one way street with Chicagoans pouring into AZ however. I was commenting on humidity vs our dry heat in the Summer.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:30 AM

5,649 posts, read 6,007,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
I wasn't comparing our summers to southern summers, really. I was more making a comparison as to how many nearly ideally perfect days we have in any given year compared to other places around the country, which I'll still stand behind that we have more than almost anywhere else (aside from parts of California, Hawaii, and maybe Key West).
I agree. We have many more ideal days than most places. But then, for me, there is a 5 month solid stretch of less-than-ideal conditions for me here in the summer. Then our winters are a shade too cold to be ideal, so there is a 3 month window there, too, that I don't fully enjoy. My two months of near-perfect weather are April and mid-October/early November. Winter days are nice, nights too chilly to be "ideal" for me. Im not saying theyre bad, just not what I envision when I think of paradise.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:35 AM

5,649 posts, read 6,007,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Sounds like maybe you should move to Chicago, although I have met MANY people here from Chicago and none of them desire to return. I never mentioned Chicago once, I don't care about Chicago, seems to be a one way street with Chicagoans pouring into AZ however. I was commenting on humidity vs our dry heat in the Summer.
I referenced Chicago only because I lived near there for 35 years.

Therefore I am quite familiar with humid and dry climates, and the reason I felt compelled to respond to this thread. Does that make more sense now?

Old 12-13-2016, 09:43 AM

4,619 posts, read 9,319,597 times
Quote:
I referenced Chicago only because I lived near there for 35 years.

Therefore I am quite familiar with humid and dry climates, and the reason I felt compelled to respond to this thread. Does that make more sense now?
Not at all, you replied to my post which was not about Chicago. You have this false assumption that any of us want/need to learn more about Chicago. I have plenty of friends from there and have heard enough about it (mostly negatives). I'm really not interested in discussing Chicago in a Phoenix weather thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area