Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:47 PM

412 posts, read 509,163 times

Advertisements

I used to live in LA so I'm familiar with the temps in Nov - March. Would you say Phoenix has a similar winter climate or is it generally cooler or warmer?

Old 04-26-2017, 08:14 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,509 times
Temperature wise, I'd say Phoenix is slightly cooler in Dec-Jan; but similar otherwise.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:01 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Very similar, give or take a few degrees.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:51 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,290,783 times
Phoenix is definitely warmer. I'm from LA and it can get quite cold at night requiring coats and sweaters especially the closer you get to the coast. It can get very windy. I would say the winter weather is definitely better in Phoenix. Let's put it this way, it definitely feels cooler in LA. especially with the wind and ocean breeze, that thing can get really cold particularly at night. It will remind you of Kansas at times.

Phoenix is definitely hotter in the summer but there is a noticeable advantage to it's winter weather, it is much warmer. The only place in the United States with better winter weather is south Florida.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
Its not a lot warmer here. In fact, many times during the winter I see LA is quite a bit warmer. On average we are very close, and often much colder at night. Every year you can bank on freeze warnings here in parts of the Valley, and even snow just outside the Valley in higher elevations. From what I see on Wikipedia regarding weather averages, PHX is only around 2 degrees warmer in the daytime than LA, and 2-3 degrees colder at night. The only difference here is that by March we are 12 degrees warmer, while LA holds steady.

LA has one of the best climates in the USA. Mild winters, mild summers.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:12 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,740,560 times
We seem to experience frost more often than LA.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:53 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,044,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Phoenix is definitely warmer. I'm from LA and it can get quite cold at night requiring coats and sweaters especially the closer you get to the coast. It can get very windy. I would say the winter weather is definitely better in Phoenix. Let's put it this way, it definitely feels cooler in LA. especially with the wind and ocean breeze, that thing can get really cold particularly at night. It will remind you of Kansas at times.

Phoenix is definitely hotter in the summer but there is a noticeable advantage to it's winter weather, it is much warmer. The only place in the United States with better winter weather is south Florida.
You forgot Hawaii
I agree with you one some of your points. It may feel colder in LA because the air is damp, unlike here. LA and CA in general have so many microclimates, it's hard to speak in generalities. If you look at all time record low temps, LA would score milder than Phoenix- I guarantee you.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:06 PM

594 posts, read 698,304 times
Quote:

Spot on !
Phoenix winter is definitely better.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:27 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Quote:
Phoenix is definitely warmer. The only place in the United States with better winter weather is south Florida.
But there you have to deal with the roaches, snakes, swamps, and alligators.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:44 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
Spot on !
Phoenix winter is definitely better.
Uhhh, PHX is only 2 piddly, unnoticeable degrees warmer than LA (on average) in the day, and several degrees colder than LA at night. Plus we get freezes every winter, where LA doesn't. How is that "definitely better"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: