Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:34 PM

7 posts, read 25,135 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a home in Verrado. I have read that Verrado water is expensive because a private water company is used. How much do your water bills usually run? How does this compare to a water bill in an area like Palm Valley? About how much would an electricity bill be for a 3000 square foot house throughout the year? We have never lived in Arizona before so this is all new to us. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 11:33 AM

143 posts, read 300,461 times
I've lived in Verrado for over 2 years now. I am also on the community Utilities Council that provides information to residents about utility rates and conservation. I have seen some horribly expensive water bills in our community and you will hear horror stories from some residents however those residents are using some 50,000 gallons of water a month and in my opinion they should be paying $400 water bills because they are just wasting it. If you check your irrigation system regularly, fix leaks and adjust your watering to fit the weather the water bills are not bad. Your water bill will depend on your usage. I generally use about 5-10,000 gallons a month. The lower end is the winter time and the higher end is the summer. Most of your water usage will go to irrigation or a pool if you have one. I do not have a pool. With the usage mentioned above my bill ranges from $110-150 per month. We have EPCOR water out here and you can find their rate information at the link below. I don't know what people in Palm Valley pay but I have compared our rates to the City of Buckeye and they are very similar.

EPCOR :: Rates & Tariffs

Your electric bill is a whole different animal. Again, it depends on your usage. APS is our provider. I recently had solar installed so my August power bill was $45. Before solar my bills ranges from $100 during the winter months to around $400 for June, July & August. The other thing to keep in mind is that your heating costs during the winter are very small. I have a gas heater and my highest gas bill in the winter is $60 at the most.

If you have specific questions about the community please just let me know. I love living out here.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:54 PM

7 posts, read 25,135 times
Default Thank you!

WOW! This was SOO helpful. Thank you so much! I am glad to hear you like it there. We are greatly looking forward to the move!

Old 09-03-2015, 11:57 AM

One last thing, we have community water conservation workshops a few times every year. It covers things like how to repair your irrigation system, read and understand your water bill, how much to water throughout the different parts of the year and which plants work well in our environment. Those are the highlights of the workshop. It's publicized throughout the community so check it out when you get here.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
$110-$150/month for 5-10k gallons is outrageous. Goodyear is known to have high rates but not near as high as you have in Verrado.

I just received this months bill and I used 15k gallons and my water bill is $50.55.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM

200 posts, read 413,163 times
Does the quoted price include sewer and trash pickup?
Or is that just for the water delivery?

Old 09-03-2015, 05:16 PM

The price includes sewer and water. I should have included that in my initial post. The price for sewer is what is killing us. The sewer/wastewater charge is $71 per month. We recently got that reduced through the ACC. EPCOR will be filing a new case with the ACC next year. We've been working with other affected communities and we hope to get the charge dropped even further. Trash from the city is like $18 a month so I don't even really count that.

I didn't say it was super cheap. I just said it's not as outrageous as people may have heard. Also, the prices are very similar to what the City of Buckeye charges.

How much does Goodyear charge including sewer and trash?

Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Oh, that is better if that is sewer also.

My total Goodyear bill (water, sewer and trash) is $155.96. $50.55 for water, $78.07 for sewer and $22.80 for garbage.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:32 PM

Yeah, my last water bill was 15K gallons. We recently planted a new ash tree and I have been trying to keep it alive. I should have waited a few months to plant it but we'll call this a lesson learned. My EPCOR bill was $162.37. Add another $18.17 for trash and it's around $180 total. Thanks for adding your information about Goodyear. The OP was asking about Palm Valley and I have no idea who provides their service but at least this gives them something to compare it to in the local area.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:45 PM

545 posts, read 1,484,306 times
Goodyear here as well. I only use 4k gallons of water most months and our bill is ~$84 per month (water, sewer, and waste included).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area