Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 06:17 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,676,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
^^^ why so angry?

BTW, if you want to post "exactly" as someone claims - quote it... Your drama is futile without it.
Drama is continuing to argue without providing any substance other than some bizarre anecdote about depositions and inspections. I'm sensing a trend here. If there's a point to be made, go ahead, if not, the personal attack is unwarranted and against the TOS of this board.

I stand by the fact that left-lane hogs are illegal, dangerous and rude. Prove otherwise if you can, but I doubt an opposing stance will be very popular among those that drive with purpose.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:42 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,319,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
I doubt that, you must have been doing something different to grab the attention of the police officer. AZ generally allows up to a 10% discrepancy for speedometer errors. And it's rare for an officer to pull you over up to 9 miles over the limit unless you were reckless driving or violated some other traffic condition that warranted a stop.
If you got a ticket just for going 2 miles over the limit and contested it, the judge would probably throw out the ticket and reprimand the officer.
Now if it's a school zone violation and school is in session then most districts have a zero over the limit policy.

I believe that stretch between Phoenix and Tucson is now part of the posted "Safety Corridor" and there is a zero tolerance policy for speeding, so you could get pulled over for going 1 mile over the limit

Old 03-18-2017, 09:33 PM

394 posts, read 343,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Drama
Your point is what?

Old 03-18-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Your point is what?
Obviously nothing with just one word taken out of context. Read my entire post and let me know what part of it still confuses you. Or if you have something of value to contribute, go right ahead.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:16 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I believe that stretch between Phoenix and Tucson is now part of the posted "Safety Corridor" and there is a zero tolerance policy for speeding, so you could get pulled over for going 1 mile over the limit
True, but as neighbor friend, a DPS officer explained, usually for 1 or 2 mph over you'll get a warning unless other circumstances come into play to warrant getting a citation.
Not all vehicles have accurate speedometers and they take that into consideration. It's the blatant speeder they want to catch.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:18 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,979,864 times
Quote:
I've done it too... In court (several times) also AZ DPS and CHP DOT inspections... As well as more than one deposition from litigation... And facilitated audit from FMCSA...

You are out of your league on this one.
Doing what? What are you going to court over that involves left lane hogs?

Speed limits are only presumptively reasonable, left lane hogging is actually illegal.

Speeding isn't per se negligent nor with strict liability, it's a rebuttable presumption. Using a passing lane as a travel lane is not.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Doing what? What are you going to court over that involves left lane hogs?

Speed limits are only presumptively reasonable, left lane hogging is actually illegal.

Speeding isn't per se negligent nor with strict liability, it's a rebuttable presumption. Using a passing lane as a travel lane is not.
My post said nothing about contesting lane citations... Nor did I post anything about staying in left lane (quite the opposite actually).

However, all of these posts indicating it's illegal to drive the speed limit in the left lane and not move to right for vehicles traveling faster than the speed limit are completely idiotic. The right lane is for "slow moving vehicles" - as in ones that aren't going the "maximum" speed limit.

"courtesy" would have one move over - but there is NO law that requires it.

As to court appearances, depos, etc... I've done several for various traffic and transportation related circumstances - the context of the initial mention said nothing about contesting lane violations (because a citation would not be issued for that - logical people realize this).

Old 03-19-2017, 10:07 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,058,909 times
Back to general pros/cons: I wouldn't want to live in a town centered on tourism (Las Vegas.) Metro Phoenix gets a lot of visitors, but not as many as Vegas (and they're probably rowdier too.)

Phoenix looks greener to me than LV. We have a lot more water available and it shows.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
My post said nothing about contesting lane citations... Nor did I post anything about staying in left lane (quite the opposite actually).

However, all of these posts indicating it's illegal to drive the speed limit in the left lane and not move to right for vehicles traveling faster than the speed limit are completely idiotic. The right lane is for "slow moving vehicles" - as in ones that aren't going the "maximum" speed limit.

"courtesy" would have one move over - but there is NO law that requires it.

As to court appearances, depos, etc... I've done several for various traffic and transportation related circumstances - the context of the initial mention said nothing about contesting lane violations (because a citation would not be issued for that - logical people realize this).
Wrong.

28-721 - Driving on right side of roadway; driving on shoulder; exceptions

B. On all roadways, a person driving a vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall drive the vehicle in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

Note that it doesn't mention anything about the speed limit. If you are impeding the flow of traffic in the left lane, you are in violation of the above.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Wrong.

28-721 - Driving on right side of roadway; driving on shoulder; exceptions

B. On all roadways, a person driving a vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall drive the vehicle in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

Note that it doesn't mention anything about the speed limit. If you are impeding the flow of traffic in the left lane, you are in violation of the above.
Wrong.

Do you realize how ridiculous your contention is?... You truly think that it's illegal to drive the speed limit and impede a motorist driving faster than speed limit?...

How is breaking the speed limit it not illegal in your mind - but not moving over to allow someone to break the speed limit is illegal?

There is already a law regulating speed - any reference to "flow of traffic" will always be in consideration of maximum speed limit.

Let me guess, you're the kind of person that tells a judge your speeding citation is invalid because "you were going with the flow of traffic"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area