Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:24 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,645,471 times

Advertisements

Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Denver are better areas that suit your political needs. I suggest checking out those areas instead.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:29 PM

1,261 posts, read 973,014 times
Russia!

Old 03-31-2017, 03:31 PM

9,438 posts, read 11,195,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Overall I think Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, etc. would be your best bet if "free thinking liberals" is your main focus.

If you want to live in a metro that is comprised of people with many different views/a mix of viewpoints politically and beyond with an overall more independent leaning viewpoint and you are willing to find common ground in other ways with people, than I think any place in the Phoenix metro will fit that bill.
Hawaii, Boston, or Venezuela. I know there's only one city there, but those are lib bastions.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:35 PM

These threads are a specific example of why people of left wing ideology need to figure out how to fix their mess and deal with the repercussions that have made them migrate to red states. We'll eventually turn into a one party country if this keeps up. For that matter, I'm an Independent, not a registered Republican.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,452,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
ScottsdaleMark is spot on. The Roosevelt Row area has art galleries, funky record shops, really great restaurants, a lively gay(ish) bar, lots of places for good beer and is the center of our First Friday art walk.

Agreed. I've lived in Tempe a long time, and it's an option for the OP, but for some of those specific things the OP is looking for, ScottsdaleMark is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
I was told by a local Seattle friend who is thinking of relocating back to Arizona "I will probably live in Arcadia because that's the most progressive". Tempe would be another option and a place that I believe would fit what you're looking for.

I don't see Arcadia as particularly '"progressive". It's also not particularly artsy and the other things the OP is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Funny how "Liberals" always talk about respecting other peoples beliefs, cultures and opinions, but how many posts on this place is for them looking to only be around each other! Funny I go out, eat, drink, shop, live and other peoples political beliefs don't even remotely have an effect on my life whatsoever, guess it's something only a Liberal understands. I would seriously like to understand this though.

I agree with this post. My politics are pretty middle of the road, somewhat left of center, though they seem more to the left as the right has moved further right. But I have never worried about living close to people who share my politics. I can find like minded people anywhere in the Valley if I want to discuss those issues. It doesn't matter where they, or I, live.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,248,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
These threads are a specific example of why people of left wing ideology need to figure out how to fix their mess and deal with the repercussions that have made them migrate to red states. We'll eventually turn into a one party country if this keeps up.
The #1 reason blue staters migrate out of blue states is because the pay is so good and so many people wants to live there that it drives up the cost of living.

The cheapest places to live in America is predominantly red states because not as many people wants to live there. Hence, the COL is lower; hence blue staters who couldn't afford to live in blue states would move to red states.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:44 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,248,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Funny how "Liberals" always talk about respecting other peoples beliefs, cultures and opinions, but how many posts on this place is for them looking to only be around each other! Funny I go out, eat, drink, shop, live and other peoples political beliefs don't even remotely have an effect on my life whatsoever, guess it's something only a Liberal understands. I would seriously like to understand this though.
Respecting other people's beliefs don't mean you have to live right next door to them.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:47 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,743,819 times
You'd fit in just fine in central Phoenix and probably find the company more welcoming then a few of the posts made here.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:49 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,743,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Respecting other people's beliefs don't mean you have to live right next door to them.

Exactly, the right can be equally as intolerant as the left, I'm independent and have watched the ignorance of both sides having been in both very liberal and very conservative cities.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The #1 reason blue staters migrate out of blue states is because the pay is so good and so many people wants to live there that it drives up the cost of living.

The cheapest places to live in America is predominantly red states because not as many people wants to live there. Hence, the COL is lower; hence blue staters who couldn't afford to live in blue states would move to red states.

That's putting a band-aid to the problem. Wash, rinse and repeat again, back to square one.

Watch the movie The Passengers near the beginning with Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt. That gives you a clear example of what human civilization will become. High cost of living everywhere, overpopulation, pollution and limited resourcing coming to an end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area