Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 03:53 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,708,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Funny how "Liberals" always talk about respecting other peoples beliefs, cultures and opinions, but how many posts on this place is for them looking to only be around each other! Funny I go out, eat, drink, shop, live and other peoples political beliefs don't even remotely have an effect on my life whatsoever, guess it's something only a Liberal understands. I would seriously like to understand this though.
When someone says "liberal area" they typically mean more of a walkable setting with unique stores, bookstores, coffee shops, college students, young professional, etc. They usually attract a more progressive demographic. I don't see how wanting to be around things you like has anything to do with a lack of tolerance and why that is so hard for you to understand.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:54 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,992,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhaegele View Post
I'm thinking of relocating from Philly and would love to have a place that has a great neighborhood feel that has plenty of restaurants, bars (craft beer type, not dives ), an artsy feel etc. I'm looking for other free thinking liberals. I do love that vibe. I'm happily single, so not looking, but want a great social life. I'm a massage therapist and a nanny so anywhere that I can be gainfully employed is important obviously. Being close to RT 17 to head to Sedona and Jerome would be huge. Any tips?
I love Philly and wish you would stay in The City Of Brotherly Love And Sisterly Affection.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:00 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,383,576 times
Go to Tucson you'll fit right in. I used to call it "Portland with a Tan" but after spending time in Portland I realized I was doing Portland a disservice. So now I call it "Eugene with a Tan"

Old 03-31-2017, 04:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,992,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Funny how "Liberals" always talk about respecting other peoples beliefs, cultures and opinions, but how many posts on this place is for them looking to only be around each other! Funny I go out, eat, drink, shop, live and other peoples political beliefs don't even remotely have an effect on my life whatsoever, guess it's something only a Liberal understands. I would seriously like to understand this though.
Conservatives are every bit as self segregating as liberals, but they use different words to express it. Sometimes they will things like "I want live in a place that is comfortable for Christians, with traditional values, family friendly - but traditional families and not "redefined families, churches, Christian private schools nearby, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:05 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,499,925 times
Would be refreshing to get a post that asks if the Phoenix metro is an overall nice/friendly place to live that is compromised of people with many different viewpoints on all matters in life, overall not segregated like many other parts of the nation, with an overall independent vibe, ie viewing it all a bit more in a gray vs a black and white vibe. But that's me and some have different priorities in this regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area