Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:24 AM

9 posts, read 14,876 times

Advertisements

I am transfering to a South Phoenix Job soon from the Midwest. I have family in both the Phoenix and the Sun City areas. Can you give me some advice on possible areas to consider for home purchase. I have heard good things about Suprise, Queen Creek, Goodyear & Buckeye. Some commute is to be expected, as I realize this is a wide range of options. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated...
Thank You in Advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 AM

172 posts, read 252,540 times
If I were you I would be looking in Tempe, Ahwatukee or Chandler. They are all nice areas within a short drive of South Phoenix.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 AM

611 posts, read 2,307,901 times
Based upon your job location and since you also have family in Sun City, I recommend Goodyear, the Litchfield Park area, Avondale, the new stadium area in Glendale (i.e. Rovey Farms Estates, etc), and Surprise. It depends how often you want to see your family in Sun City. Here's a link to a website that is helpful to get familiar with Phoenix and the surrounding cities as well as the subdivisions in those cities: Arizona Neighborhoods Map

Welcome soon to AZ!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Thanks for your reply! - Would any of the options for cities I mentioned make sense? Do you like the Queen Creek area? - even though it is far from the Sun City area?- Would probably travel to that area twice a week, but to the South Phoenix area daily? We value our time at home - But would commute for quality of life attributes. Have found favorable house purchace options in the Queen Creek area is the reason i am asking, but keep in mind my non-familiarity with these areas other than family visits.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:46 AM

Thanks for your reply! The map should be very helpful! I will be glad to rid ourselves from winter!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:49 AM

611 posts, read 2,307,901 times
If you plan to visit your family at least twice a week in Sun City, I would not choose Queen Creek or anywhere on the east side of highway 17.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I posted the responce incorrectly to the main page. I was told that the Chandler area is kind of pricey?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:52 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,789,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckranch2 View Post
Thanks for your reply! - Would any of the options for cities I mentioned make sense? Do you like the Queen Creek area? - even though it is far from the Sun City area?- Would probably travel to that area twice a week, but to the South Phoenix area daily? We value our time at home - But would commute for quality of life attributes. Have found favorable house purchace options in the Queen Creek area is the reason i am asking, but keep in mind my non-familiarity with these areas other than family visits.
If you value your time, forget about Queen Creek. I'm assuming you mean one of the Sun Cities on the NW side. If so, you'll hate yourself. If it's the new Sun City at Anthem in Merrill Ranch, that would be a different story entirely since they're basically the same area. But the daily drive to SoPhx would still be too much.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 AM

That is kind of what I was thinking, but I was worried about the drive from the Suprise area. I did get to see the new stadium area which I liked but not the area you suggested recently on a visit, that is what made me curious about the Suprise area...

Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 AM

172 posts, read 252,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckranch2 View Post
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I posted the responce incorrectly to the main page. I was told that the Chandler area is kind of pricey?
What's your budget and how big of a house do you need ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area