Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:15 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,980,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Though it was published 7 years ago, and it's 467 pages. Offering up a quote from the report in response to the OP's question might be helpful to CD readers...
A quote in a 400 page report where only 60 are relevant to Phoenix? I'd be butchering it.

It's a comprehensive report for people actually interested. If you're too lazy I can't help you. It breaks down every well within the area, groundwater draft levels, water sourcing, water demand, water supply, water supply over time, contingencies to deal with shortage, cultural demand, future supplies, it all.

But for those too lazy to even get to the ToC, Phoenix is covered at 101 to 176.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 12:16 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,751,218 times
Yawn.... same question and false claims being touted every decade since Phoenix came to exist. Well run out of water right when California falls into the ocean.

What part of the fact that we use less water now then the 1980s don't people understand?

Old 04-10-2017, 12:37 PM

37 posts, read 32,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Yawn.... same question and false claims being touted every decade since Phoenix came to exist. Well run out of water right when California falls into the ocean.

What part of the fact that we use less water now then the 1980s don't people understand?
Yea but there's 6 million now and that don't include Snowbirds.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:39 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,371,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Buckingham View Post
...using less water.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Converting citrus farms into neighborhoods = less total water use. Until we reach a point that residential water is greater then agriculture use I'm not even slightly worried. Add to this the fact that most residential use goes to watering non-native landscaping and you can see how this is really a non-issue. Worst case scenario is people will be forced to live without acres of lawns planted all over the desert, which probably isn't all that bad of a thing anyway...

You're trying to make it sound like people won't have water to drink, this isn't even close to reality.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,980,936 times
Quote:
The report I sent you indicates that water demand has dropped in Phoenix from 1960 until the report. In the 60s Phoenix used 2.9 million acre feet of water each year. Today, that number is 2.3 maf and still going down.

Additionally, due to management policies, Phoenix uses 2x the amount of renewable water than it did before, thereby reducing its groundwater draft dramatically. Some wells in the east valley are actually experiencing decreased well depth despite growth.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:03 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,170,347 times
You are correct. We won't have any water. Move away and/or never consider coming here.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:11 PM

594 posts, read 700,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
You are correct. We won't have any water. Move away and/or never consider coming here.
I totally agree !

Old 04-10-2017, 03:06 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,170,347 times
This question has been answered in SOOOO many threads...do we really need another one to re-hash the non-existence of a water problem in Phoenix? There is a HUGE difference with the way AZ manages their water supply compared to all the other states on their list. Sure there is a potential for a problem but nothing that we wouldn't see coming.

Oh, and I can still fill my pool up for $40.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
This question has been answered in SOOOO many threads...do we really need another one to re-hash the non-existence of a water problem in Phoenix? There is a HUGE difference with the way AZ manages their water supply compared to all the other states on their list. Sure there is a potential for a problem but nothing that we wouldn't see coming.

Oh, and I can still fill my pool up for $40.
No we don't need anymore but unknowlegable posters continue to start threads lacking any real facts time and time again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area