Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 09:26 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,327,602 times

Advertisements

It seems that lately a lot of my Amazon Prime items have been shipping out of the fulfillment centers in Southern California (primarily Eastvale/Mira Loma or one of the two Moreno Valley fulfillment centers) instead of one of the local fulfillment centers.

I was wondering, has this been the case for anyone here as well? Perhaps the items I have been ordering may have not been stocked here in the Valley. I have read that Eastvale does stock a lot of lightweight items, so perhaps that could be part of the reason. The most recent item that I bought that shipped from one of the local fulfillment centers was a Honeywell air purifier that I bought last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 03:24 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,471,533 times
You can always check to see if it's available for same day shipping, hence it's carried here in Phoenix. We just had some books, a CD and some other miscellaneous stuff all delivered the same day as long as we ordered it before 10 AM.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
You can always check to see if it's available for same day shipping, hence it's carried here in Phoenix. We just had some books, a CD and some other miscellaneous stuff all delivered the same day as long as we ordered it before 10 AM.
I actually live in Queen Creek (need to update my profile) and we don't get Free Same Day here. The best we get is Free One Day, and that only started in March. The order cutoff time for Free One Day to our address is around 4:30 PM. I'm not sure if the Southern California fulfillment centers qualify for the Free One Day shipping to our address, since I haven't placed any orders over $35 before the cutoff time recently. The last Free One Day order that I placed shipped from Phoenix.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:58 PM

296 posts, read 364,230 times
I do a lot of Amazon ordering and I've been getting items from this area as well.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:23 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,471,533 times
Amazon has literally about 10 million square feet of warehouses in Phoenix. They must be filled with something. But I have noticed when I order camping gear 9 times out of 10 it ships from out of town. Books I get the same day or next day.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:30 AM

One thing that someone at another site suggested was that the system may have decided to hold stock at the local fulfillment centers for potential same-day deliveries in the area. Since I am outside the same-day delivery area and most of my recent orders were not over $35 anyway, this may be plausible why my orders are shipping from SoCal, since they can still meet the 2-day delivery without using more expensive air shipping.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:46 PM

70 posts, read 69,693 times
I'm a self admitted Amazon prime addict. We are on the Gilbert/Chandler border south of the 202, and I have ordered a ton since we moved in this month. I've gotten a lot of same day, all from Phoenix obviously. Anything that was not available for same day, which was only a couple of random things, shipped from Ontario, CA by UPS. We moved from Orange County and it's pretty much the same pattern, same day came from OC and anything that was not available same day came from either Ontario or Phoenix. Granted I tend to choose an item available same day over something that isn't, given a choice, so that skews the data.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingCA2016 View Post
I'm a self admitted Amazon prime addict. We are on the Gilbert/Chandler border south of the 202, and I have ordered a ton since we moved in this month. I've gotten a lot of same day, all from Phoenix obviously. Anything that was not available for same day, which was only a couple of random things, shipped from Ontario, CA by UPS. We moved from Orange County and it's pretty much the same pattern, same day came from OC and anything that was not available same day came from either Ontario or Phoenix. Granted I tend to choose an item available same day over something that isn't, given a choice, so that skews the data.
We haven't made a lot of of qualifying orders over $35 recently, so I haven't really verified which fulfillment centers would qualify for the Free One-Day to our address (as stated we don't get Same-Day in Queen Creek). For Two-Day Shipping packages can easily meet the guarantee from Southern California by ground, but One-Day would probably require more expensive air shipping methods, so perhaps the Free One-Day orders will always ship from the local fulfillment centers to my address (it did the last time).

Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 PM

Just as an update, I did recently order an item that shipped via Amazon Logistics from Moreno Valley. My order didn't qualify for free one-day shipping since it was under $35. I placed the order on Saturday, however, the item didn't ship until almost a full day later on Sunday. However, I still received my item today. Amazon Logistics didn't serve Queen Creek until late May; previously the majority of our orders had the USPS deliver the last mile.

Interesting that Amazon was able to meet the two-day delivery guarantee from the Moreno Valley fulfillment center when shipping the item a full day after the item was ordered. As far as I know Amazon Prime orders from the SoCal fulfillment centers coming towards the Valley are entirely via ground transportation except if shipped via UPS Next Day Air or FedEx Overnight, since Prime Air doesn't fly between SoCal and Phoenix.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:00 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,562,489 times
I'm a Prime subscriber, but I don't usually do the Same day since it just never seems to work out (I complain when they miss it and they add a free month of prime each time I complained).

I lived in West LA and now in the west valley (San Fernando valley, not Peoria/Glendale ). If I try to do same-day it either comes late at night (from Ontario or somewhere in the I.E.) or they do it the next day.

When I do next day or 2-day (for non prime stuff), it used to almost ALWAYS come from Arizona up until a year or two ago. I used to think Amazon was an Arizona company.
Now it's about 50/50 Las Vegas or the I.E.
They're pretty good with the next day delivery, but I have caught them twice saying that they "tried to deliver and I wasn't at home" when I was actually home and they didn't even attempt. But I order a LOT on Amazon. love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area